Thalia (Ariadna Thalia Sodi Miranda) is a Mexican singer-songwriter, producer, and entrepreneur. She is considered as the Queen of 'Latin Pop’ and has sold over 25 million records worldwide producing hit albums like ‘Thalia’ and ‘Amor a la Mexicana’.
Following the popularity of her smash hit albums and chartbuster singles; she has received five Billboard Katin Music Awards and seven nominations for the Latin Grammy Award.
- Birthday: August 26, 1971 (Age 46)
- Ethnicity: Mexican
- Nationality: Mexican
Thalia Husband - Tommy Mottola and Family
Thalia has been married to music executive Tommy Mottola for almost 19 years and has two kids. Even after all these years, the relationship of this couple is as strong and amenable as it was at the beginning of the relationship.
Thalia, a native of Mexico City, Mexico was born youngest of five daughters to late Yolanda Miranda Mange and scientist Ernesto Sodi Pallares.
Her mother was a creative artist who worked as a painter until rose to national prominence as a manager of the singer.
- Parents: Ernesto Sodi Pallares and Yolanda Miranda Mange
- Husband: Tommy Mottola
- Children: 2 (Sabrina Sakae Mottola Sodi and Matthew Alejandro Mottola Sodi)
Likewise, her late father was a specialized pathology and criminology physician who also worked as a writer. Thalia was 1 when she made her television debut with a commercial in native hometown.
By the time she turned four, the forthcoming singer indulged herself in piano and ballet course at the prestigious National Conservatory of Music of Mexico, showing the signs of an emerging artist.
However, the death of her dad two years later her enrollment left the young one traumatized that it led her voice fade for a whole year.
After being diagnosed with childhood disintegrative disorder, she had psychological therapies for over the years until diverted towards music.
Growing up in Mexico, she attended Liceo Franco Mexicano elementary school, where she diligently studied French at a young age. Later Thalia pursued a career in music by collaborating with a music group named Pac Man as a lead singer.
Working in the industry, Thalia met Tommy Mottola, a co-owner of Casablanca Record while on a drink date.
The two instantly got smitten with each other at the first sight and in no time decided to get married to each other. Tommy who was previously married to singer Mariah Carey worked hard to get their relationship strong and the rest is history.
The two has now been together for over 18 years, all loved up and bliss. They also share two children Sabrina Sakae Mottola Sodi and Matthew Alejandro Mottola Sodi with whom reside in New York.
Thalia Age, Height and Body Measurements
Thalia with an average stature of 5 feet 5 inches (167 cm), the singer-actress has turned out to be incredibly stunning and tempting.
She is an absolute beauty stunner with her dazzling good looks, flawless skin complexion and sweet smile.
A Latin pop star and actress, Thalia literally set the pulses racing when she took the screen for the first time with her single.
The Mexican born singer not only dominated the industry with a singing prowess but also with her natural good looks and a sweet smile that can straightaway melt the heart of the audience.
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches (167 cm)
- Body Measurements: 34-25-33 inches
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: 56 kg (123 lbs)
A natural charmer, she doesn’t fail to dazzle her audience with a radiant skin and youthful glow even at the late 40s. With her youthful visage and blemish free skin, Thalia could easily pass for the woman half her age.
Her glossy brunette locks, smoldering brown eyes and never smudging smile has further added to her charm and glowing looks.
Along with the good looks, the mother of two has also kept herself in great shape by going for a hardcore workout and exercise.
Having banked own self a massive fortune, Thalia is living a royal life with a luxurious mansion, extravagance trips and vacations in different countries around the world and posh parties with A-listed stars as a guest.
Thalia Songs and Albums
Thalia is one of the bestselling Mexican singers of all time with thirteen hit albums released in past 20 years.
Following the smash hit singles and tracks, Thalia marked her identity in the industry and garnered prestigious accolades like Latin Billboard Awards and Premios Juventud Award.
- After joining the group Pac Man rebranded ‘Din-Din’, Thalia toured around Mexico performing at the local events and venues until started recorded studio albums of the group that includes 'En accion' and 'Pitubailando'
- With the disband of the group, she briefly did musical gigs with Mexican pop group ‘Timbiriche’ and later went for a solo music career with an eponymous album titled ‘Thalia’
- With hit tracks like ‘Amarillo Azul’ and ‘Saliva’, the singer scored herself worlwidde fame and recognition that led her to return in the screen with second studio album ‘Mundo de cristal in less than a year
- ‘Love’, the third album of Thalia which featured singles like ‘Love’ and ‘La Vida en Rose’ received critical acclaimed from both critics and audience
- Signed contract with record label EMI prior releasing fourth studio album entitled En extasis that eventually propelled her into the international prominence and stardom
- Two years later after the release of the album, she returned to the music realm with debut mixtape ‘Nandito Ako’ that featured five English rendition of her tracks from ‘En extasias’
- Thalia’s sixth album ‘Arrasando’ produced by close pal Emilio Estefan earned her first nomination for the Latin Grammy Award
- 2002: Dropped self-entitled album ‘Thalia’ which featured chartbuster singles ‘Tu y Yo’ and ‘No Me Ensenaste’
- In the subsequent years, she released more than four studio albums which included ‘El Sexto Sentido’, ‘Lunada’, ‘Amore siempre’ and ‘Amore Mio’
- Besides a glorious musical career in the industry, Thalia has an extended television credit and acting gigs in movies and telenovela ‘Maria Mercedes’ and ‘Pobre senorita Limantour’
- She also played the character of Rosalinda Perez Romero in Mexican telenovela ‘Rosalinda’
Thalia Net Worth and Salary
According to Mira! magazine, in 2008 it was estimated that Thalia was one of the most wealthy Mexican businesswomen with a net worth of over US$100 million.
Despite having starred in plenty of television series and movies, it’s predominantly album sales and tours that secured her immense fame and status all over the world.
With certified platinum albums and chart-topping singles, Thalia has accumulated herself a jaw-dropping fortune worth millions.
To further add her long list of business venture is a clothing line with Kmart and eyewear collection labeled ‘Thalia Eyewear Collection’ that further garnered her colossal fortune.
- Net Worth: $100 million
- Salary: N/A