Solange Piaget Knowles is a Grammy-winning singer-songwriter and actress from Houston, Texas. Solange Knowles, once acclaimed for being a sister of pop icon Beyoncé is now celebrated worldwide following her subsequent hit albums ‘Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams’ and ‘A Seat at the Table’.
Following her guise as an independent, self-made music artist with incredible achievements in music, Knowles was honored by Impact Award at 2017 Billboard Women in Music.
- Birthday: June 24, 1986 (Age 32)
- Ethnicity: Afro-American, French
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Singer-songwriter, actress
Solange Knowles Family: Husband, Ex-partner, children
Solange is happily married to longtime beau and music video director, Alan Ferguson for over three years.
Prior to the romantic relationship with the director, she was married to Daniel Smith for three years during which she gave a birth to his son.
Solange, a native of Houston, Texas was born to talent manager Mathew Knowles and fashion designer and businesswoman Tina Knowles. Formerly a salesman of medical equipment’s, her father, a native of Alabama came forward as a manager of the American girl group ‘Destiny’s Child’.
- Parents: Tina Knowles and Mathew Knowles
- Husband: Alan Ferguson
- Children: 1 (Daniel Julez Smith Jr.)
- Marital Status: Married
While her mother of Louisiana Creole lineage is a fashion who owns a clothing fashion line ‘House of Dereon’.
Growing up as a Texas girl, she studied theatre and dance and by the time reached 5, Knowles performed onstage at an amusement park.
Drawn by music and writing, she urged to pursue a career in a recording by the time she was 13, however, her parent’s suggested the forthcoming singer to yet work on her skills.
Knowles trail to the international stage began after she substituted a dancer to perform on her sister’s girl group Destiny’s Child while on the tour.
She also replaced Destiny’s frontrunner Kelly Rowland for the opening act of Christina Aguilera’s tour after Rowland hurt her toes
Knowles was just in her teens when she married Daniel Smith in a cloistered ceremony. Within eight months of private nuptials, she gave birth to their first child, Daniel Julez Smith Jr.
Following the birth of their son, the couple moved to Moscow, Idaho after which they amicably separated from each other yet remained in an amenable relationship to co-parent the son.
After a break-up with Daniel, she lived a single life until met music director Alan Ferguson. The longtime couple tied the knot outside the Marigny Opera House in New Orleans in front of close friends and family including Jay Z and Beyoncé.
Since the private nuptials with the director, the couple has been together relishing a blissful marital life. The two are often spotted sharing a great comfort level while at the parties and red carpet event.
Solange Knowles Height, Weight and Body Measurements
Solange is a divine beauty with dazzling good looks, chiseled facial structure, and spellbinding smile.
The beguiling beauty of the recording artist made her the face of big brands and luxurious fashion house like Calvin Klein and Rimmel.
With her soulful voice and impeccable music knowledge, Solange is no doubt a born star just like her sister, Queen Bey. But the singer-turned-actress also doesn’t fall short from her megastar sister when it comes to good looks.
- Height: 5 feet 8 inches (176 cm)
- Body Measurements: 34-26-35 inches (86-66-88 cm)
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: 56 kg (123 lbs)
Redefining the beauty in Hollywood with a doll-like face, trademark Negro hair, and faultless sweet smile, she made an inevitable music artist during the time.
Her raw looks balanced with a natural aura made the recording artist a beloved of both men and women. With an eye-striking hourglass physique and glamorous style statement, Knowles was an ultimate beauty siren
Though not as successful as her sister, Beyoncé, Solange made own self a career that she can be proud of. With a flourishing career in music, Knowles has banked a lucrative amount following which she lives and affluent live with a gateway to exotic locations in different countries.
Solange Knowles Professional Career: Album, Solo Star
Solange Knowles rose to fame soon after embarking on the music realm with debut album ‘Solo Star’. With the success of the album, she won her first Grammy Award for Best R&B.
- Made debut music career by performing the title song for animated series ‘The Proud Family’ under Beyoncé’s music group Destiny’s Child
- Subsequently after, she performed the soundtrack of comedy film ‘Austin Powers in Goldmember’ as well as ‘Little Drummer Boy’
- 2002: Released debut studio album ‘Solo Star’ backed by Music World and Columbia Records that eventually spawned hits like ‘Feelin’ You’ ‘Crush’ and ‘Tru Love’
- Taking a break from the music career, she appeared an episode on UPN’s sitcom ‘One on One’ as well as starred in comedy film ‘Johnson Family Vacation’
- Thriving to prove her acting prowess in a variety of roles, Knowles appeared in multiple movies including ‘Listen Up!’, ‘Bring It On: All or Nothing’, and ‘Lincoln Weights’
- Returned to the music industry after making a record deal with Geffen and publishing contract with EMI
- After working for quite a time, Knowles released her much anticipated second album ‘Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams’ in 2008 which featured multiple hit tracks and lead singles like ‘I Decided’ and ‘Sandcastle Disco’
- Over the years, she also released her first compilation album ‘I Can’t Get Clearance’
- After breaking the ties with Interscope Geffen-A&M record label group, she released an extended play called ‘True’ before she released her third album ‘A Seat at the Table’ in 2016
Solange Knowles Salary and Net Worth
Solange estimated net worth is $8 million, garnered through a booming career in music and big screen. As a recording artist and elite singer, she has earned her massive fortune through album and tour sales.
Besides music venture and record deal, she has also appeared in television commercials for multiple brands. She was the brand ambassador for the Giorgio Armani’s diffusion line in 2008 and had become the face for Calvin Klein’s new campaign in 2017.
Along with A-listed Hollywood artists like Zooey Deschanel and Alejandra Ramos Munoz, she was the face for British Cosmetic brand Rimmel.
- Net Worth: $8 million
- Salary: N/A