Here you will learn about: Is Shamima Begum Dead? Facts on Dual Citizenship, Nationality – Is She British?
Shamima Begum is the Jihadi. She joined the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant in Syria in 2015. In fact, she was just 15 years old when she joined ISIL.
|Full Name||Shamima Begum|
|Age||20 Years Old|
|Spouse (husband/wife/partner)||Yago Riedijk|
Shamima was born and raised in Britain until she was 15 years old.
10 Facts on Shamima Begum
- Shamima Begum is a member of ISIL. She was born in the year 1999. Begum is 20 years of age.
- Begum seems to have decent height and weight. However, details about her exact height and weight are not available.
- Shamima married at the age of 15 to Yago Riedijk. The couple got married in the year 2015 in Syria. However, her marriage is not recognized in Dutch as she is very young for marriage and underage.
- Shamima gave birth to 3 children. Unfortunately, all of her children are no more. The reason behind the death of the first two children is not public. She gave birth to the third child Jarrah in February 2019 in a refugee camp in Syria. Jarrah died of Pneumonia in March 2019.
- Talking about her parents and family, her father’s name is Ahmed Ali. However, details about her mother are not available. However, they are of Bangladesh origin.
- Shamima studied secondary education from Bethnal Green Academy. Furthermore, she did not continue her education and left for Syria.
- Shamima was born and grown up in Britain until 2015. However, according to newyorker.com, Shamima got deprived of British nationality in February 2019. Begum along with her friends left for Syria in 2015 from London to join ISIL.
- In February 2019, Shamima was found in a refugee camp in Syria with a pregnant belly by The Times. Begum request for return to home. However, she was rejected.
- According to en.wikipedia.org, Begum did not remorse and regretted joining the jihad. However, Begum has legal aid for British Citizenship.
- Begum is not from Bangladesh and just her origin does not allow for citizenship. In fact, Bangladesh has warned her as Bangladesh will not welcome her.