Sally Field is an Emmy winning American actress and filmmaker, best known for her work in ‘Norma Rae’. Sally Field is globally acclaimed and appreciated for her take on a personality disorder character in miniseries ‘Sybil’.
She later appeared in Paul Newman’s drama film ‘Absence of Malice;’ which earned her a nomination for Golden Globe.
- Birthday: November 6, 1946 (Age 71)
- Ethnicity: English, Irish, German, Dutch
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Actress, director
Sally Field Ex – Husband – Alan Greisman, Steve Craig and Children
Initially married to Steve Craig, Sally Field couldn’t work out on her relationship with Craig and they eventually got divorced after 8 years of marital bliss.
Though tremendously successful in her career, she isn’t as fortunate in her personal life with two broke relationships.
During her relationship with Steven, she had given birth to two sons, actor-director, Eli Craig and novelist, Peter Craig.
After her divorce, she started dating actor-director, Burt Reynolds with whom she appeared in multiple movies including ‘Smokey and the Bandit’ and ‘The End’.
In 1984, she remarried producer Alan Greisman in an intimate ceremony and three years later gave birth to a son, named, Sam. During their 8 years of relationship, Sally shared a close and amicable bond with Greisman as she used to accompany him almost everywhere.
Ever since her divorce with Alan in 1993, she has been living a single life with no rumors of dating and relationship though admitted to being open to a relationship.
Born in Pasadena, California, Sally is the daughter of military officer Richard Dryden Field and actress Margaret Field. Her mom was a celebrated American actress who gained fame with her role in science-fiction ‘The Man From Planet X’.
- Parents: Richard Dryden Field and Margaret Field
- Husband: Steve Craig (1968-1975) and Alan Greisman (1984-1993)
- Children: 3 (Samuel Greisman, Eli Craig, and Peter Craig)
- Marital Status: Divorced
She was four years old when her parents separated from each other following which her mom tied the knot with actor-stuntman, Jock Mahoney.
From her maternal grandmom genealogical line, Field is of English descent and William Bradford, an English colonial governor is her tenth great-granddad
Growing up in California, she attended Portola Middle School following Van Nuys-based Birmingham High School, where joined the squad of school’s cheerleader.
Sally Field Age – Height and Body Measurements
An absolute genius filmmaker and incredibly awe-inspiring actress, Sally certainly packs a great talent in her 5 feet 3 inches height. She possesses both good looks and talent which is impossible to match.
Sally is no doubt a perfect example of a beauty with the brain considering the fact that she is a phenomenal actress and a successful producer.
An ageless beauty, she looks as charismatic, stunning and alluring as she was when first lit up the screen as a surfer girl ‘Gidget’.
- Height: 5 feet 3 inches (161 cm)
- Body Measurements: 34-24-35 inches (86-61-86 cm)
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: 53 kg (116 lbs)
At the age of 71, she looks half her age with a youthful glow, immaculate skin, and scintillating appearance. Sweet, sassy and confident, she is a complete package with exquisite looks and demeanor.
It’s commendable to see how the mother of three, she has maintained her physique throughout all this time. By going for a workout and regular exercise followed by a strict diet, she has yet kept herself in great shape.
Being a private person, Sally normally avoids media spotlight and glamour but during the Hollywood events and red carpet, she is the one who makes everyone turn their head s around. Though well dressed up forever, she becomes too glamorous and stylish during these events as people can’t stop ogling her.
Sally Field Movies, Television drama – Norma Rae, Forrest Gump, Brothers & Sisters
Ever since her breakout role of Frances in Gidget hit the screen, Sally has only risen to the acme of career success as an actress. She appeared in ‘Where the Heart Is’ alongside Natalie Portman and with Reese Witherspoon in ‘Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde’ which has only garnered her fame and popularity as an actress
- Embarked on a Hollywood realm with the minor role of a surfer girl in ABC sitcom ‘Gidget’ and ever since then there is no looking back for this actress
- With an astonishing acting prowess and exhilarating stage presence, she wowed the ABC team as they cast her in yet another network project ‘Maybe I’ll Come Home in the Spring’
- In 1973, she was signed opposite actor-singer, John Davidson to play a starring role as Sally Burton in NBC’s fantasy sitcom ‘The Girl with Something Extra’
- It was Sally’s leading role in television film ‘Sybil’ that came as a career breakthrough for her as it introduced her to the global audience and even landed in multiple movies and television series including ‘Absence of Malice’, ‘Smokey and the Bandit’ and its sequel
- 1979: Starred as Norma Rae Webster in Martin Ritt drama film ‘Norma Rae’ which eventually garnered her first ever Oscars
- An American drama film ‘Places in the Heart’ by Robert Benton was the second movie of Sally alongside Ed Harris and Lindsay Crouse which won her second Academy Award
- Her success account began to unfold from the time on as she landed in Emmy-winning medical drama series ‘ER’ and Golden Globe-nominated role of Mary Todd Lincoln in Steven Spielberg epic drama film ‘Lincoln’
- A multi-faceted artist and an incredible performer with extensive work credits, her other television show includes rom-com ‘Murphy’s Romance’, ‘Mrs. Doubtfire’ and ‘Not Without My Daughter’
- 2012: Appeared alongside Emma Watson and Andrew Garfield in Marvel comics based superhero film ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’
- Having projected the challenging roles like Nora Walker in ABC television drama ‘Brothers & Sisters’ and Amanda Wingfield in the Broadway production of ‘The Glass Menagerie at the Belasco Theater, she proved that there is no frontier to her acting dexterity
- Following her remarkable contribution in movies and television, Sally received her own star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2014
Sally Field Net Worth and Salary
How much is Sally Field Net Worth? Sally Field has an estimated $55 million net worth garnered through a successful career in acting.
With Award-winning roles like Frances in Gidget and titled role in Norma Rae, she established herself as one of the most commercially and critically acclaimed actresses in the industry.
One the most versatile actresses in Hollywood, Sally’s debut TV series was a huge hit following which she earned an Academy-winning role in ‘Norma Rae’.
She also appeared alongside Andrew Garfield in major box office hit movie in 2012 superhero film ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’.
- Net Worth: $55 million
- Salary: N/A