Richard Armitage is a British actor and voice-over artist with an acting resume full of blockbuster hits. Richard Armitage rose to prominence after his portrayal of John Thornton in English TV programme ‘North & South’ but it was a role of dwarf prince/leader Thorin Oakenshield in ‘The Hobbit’ that propelled him international recognition.
- Birthday: August 22, 1971 (age 47)
- Ethnicity: N/A
- Nationality: British
- Profession: Actor
Richard Armitage Gay Rumor – Wife or Husband
Richard Armitage, 47, has never been married and thus has no wife. Richard’s wife-less and girlfriend-less status has incited the gay rumor. But what’s the reality? Let’s find out.
Richard is an international star who has been continuously followed by the public & media for which he always maintained his personal life low profile. His secretive nature & wife-less status has regularly dragged him under the scrutiny of the gay rumor.
In this context, he and his ‘Hobbit’ co-star Lee Pace was rumored to be an item after they were spotted couples of times hanging out. However crushing the entire gay allegation with Lee Pace, he is known to be currently engaged to a lady named Samantha Colley.
Again, just like the gay rumor, there is no authentic information on this celebrity engagement!
- Parents: John and Margaret Armitage
- Wife: N/A
- Children: N/A
- Marital Status: Unmarried
Born Richard Crispin Armitage in Huncote, Leicestershire, England, he is the younger child of working couple, John, an engineer and Margaret Armitage, a secretary. A younger brother to Chris Armitage, he attended the Huncote Community Primary School.
He later pursued a secondary level education at the local comprehensive school at Brockington College in Enderby. While studying at Brockington, he initiated his musical internet, playing the cello & flute.
By the time he had completed his school education, he had achieved A Level in English & music as well as acting experience in local & professional productions like ‘Half a Sixpence’, ‘Showboat’, and ‘Orpheus and the Underworld’ at the New Alexandra Theatre.
Richard Armitage Age – Height and Weight
Richard Armitage has an athletic built with 6 feet 2 inches height and 93 Kg body weight to suit his personality. His chiseled looks and amiable personality have earned him a lot of admirer throughout the years.
He is one handsome man who defies the law of aging with his juvenile hairline, well-maintained body, and perfect on-air appearance. There is something about this actor that intrigues the woman.
- Height: 6 feet 2 in (189cm)
- Body Measurements: N/A
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: 93 kg (205 pounds)
With his romantic accent, powerful gaze and trendy style, Englishman Richard has a distinct feature and glowing olive skin that make a woman feel in love instantly. Richard being a fitness enthusiast has kept his body toned up and ripped.
He often indulges himself in fitness session and exercises to maintain that chiseled physique. As an active actor, he has been charming us all with his boy-next-door looks, cheeky smile, and of course- those bulk muscles.
Richard Armitage Movies and TV Shows – The Hobbits and North & South
Richard Armitage is one recognizable name in British and Hollywood movies. He is a force to reckon with as he starred in numerous box-office hits, recorded various audiobooks & has even worked as a narrator in radio shows, advertisements & TV shows.
- (1988-2003)- Following his graduation from the London Academy of Music & Dramatic Arts, Richard originally sought theater gigs and was also active as a television actor
- 2004- Landed his first major starring role as John Thornton in English TV series, ‘North & South’. That exposure secured his position in an acting industry
- 2005- Played the part of MacDuff in the BBC’S series, ‘ShakespaeaRe-Told’
- 2006- Starred in BBC docudrama called ‘The Impressionists’, playing the teenage Claude Monet, followed up by the portrayal of Dr. Alec Track in ITV’s ‘The Golden Hour’
- 2006- The same year, he was introduced as the voiceover artist while working on the BBC TV series, ‘Robin Hood’
- (2012-2013)- Starred as dwarf leader/prince in movie trilogy of adaptation of ‘The Hobbit’ that brought him worldwide recognition. The film included 2012’s ‘An Unexpected Journey’, 2013’s ‘The Desolation of Smaug’ and 2014’s ‘The Battle of the Five Armies’
- 2016- Got cast as Kenneth in the American premiere of Mike Bartlett’s ‘Love, Love’ at the Roundabout Theatre Company, which marked his first leading theatrical play on the USA stage
- 2017- Joined the cast of Julie Delpy’s movie, ‘My Zoe’
- 2018- Is scheduled to star in the upcoming horror film called ‘The Lodge’
Richard Armitage Net Worth and Salary
According to The Richest, Richard Armitage’ net worth is projected to be 13 million dollars. Richard started collecting his multi-million fortune entirely from his acting venture as well as a voice-over artist.
Richard has achieved a milestone in his career by dedication so many years as an actor. He is incredibly famous for his movies, including ‘North & South’, ‘The Hobbit’ film series and many others.
- Net Worth: $15 million
- Salary: N/A