Priscilla Chan is a globally recognized pediatrician and philanthropist from Braintree, Massachusetts.
Priscilla Chan predominantly acknowledged as a wife of the tech giant, Mark Zuckerberg is the co-founder of ‘The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative’, specialized to promote human flair and advance equality in spreads of fields and areas including health and education.
- Birthday: February 24, 1985 (Age 33)
- Ethnicity: Chinese, Vietnamese
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Pediatrician, philanthropist
Priscilla Chan Family: Husband, Children
Priscilla Chan married Mark Zuckerberg, a founder of Facebook a day after the company’s stock market launch.
After three distressing and tragic miscarriages, Chan finally gave birth to her first daughter Maxima and two years later welcomed August.
Priscilla, a native of Braintree, Massachusetts was born to Chinese parents Yvonne Chan and Dennis Chan. Her parents were Asian refugees who fled Vietnam on refugee boats in the 70s after briefly sending time in a refugee camp.
After immigrating to the United States, her dad, Dennis gave his all to raise enough money to open a Chinese restaurant, where he worked 18-hour days.
Since her mom and dad were busy running the restaurant, Priscilla grew up with her Chinese grandmom who barely understand and spoke English.
Growing up with parental grandparents and two younger siblings, she had quite a salubrious childhood as her parent’s provided them with an American lifestyle.
Intellectual and ambitious since childhood, Priscilla attended Quincy High School where she excelled in her studies and therefore was nominated class genius by her mates.
An alumna of Harvard University, Priscilla’s blossoming relationship with fellow student Mark Zuckerberg during college created buzz amid fans and media soon after he came into public notice since founding the tech co. Facebook in his dorm room in University.
To complete her med education, she signed up at the University of California, San Francisco after briefly taking the job of a science professor at the private Hacker school.
Instantly after completing four-years of study at the USCF, she tied the knot with longtime beau Mark, in a cloistered ceremony held in the backyard of their lavish 7 million worth home.
The beaming couple looked adorable together, making a match made in heaven during the ceremony. Since then the couple has been together, celebrating a blossoming relationship and bond that turns better with each passing time.
In 2015, the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Maxima Chan Zuckerberg after three disheartening miscarriages. Two years later, Priscilla yet again gave birth to a daughter August.
Priscilla Chan, Height, Weight, Body Measurements
She is an epitome of subtle simplicity and class with simple yet suave looks and sharp appearance.
Standing 5 feet 5 inches, Priscilla is a beauty stunner with dazzling good looks and scintillating appearance.
Co-founder of ‘Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and former Harvard grad student, no doubt, she is intelligent, sharp and inventive but Priscilla is more than that.
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches (167 cm)
- Body Measurements: N/A
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: N/A
The mother of two, she is a beauty rocker with divine good looks, tranquil appearance and unruffled comportment.
With natural black locks, smoldering black eyes and sweet smile, she is an absolute stunner having maintained own self.
Priscilla who notoriously avoids the media spotlight urged to have a low key profile. Despite being a wife of a billionaire, she prefers to relish a simple lifestyle.
While she is mostly busy working for ‘Chan and Zuckerberg Initiative’ Priscilla spends her downtime with family and kids. The doting mom ensures that she offers enough time and care to her two lovely daughters.
Priscilla Chan Professional Career: Charities and Philanthropic work
Priscilla Chan, a former USCF medical student, and pediatrician scored fame as a wife of Mark Zuckerberg.
Together with her husband, she has provided charities and funds to varied medical and charitable organizations in the country.
- Under the ‘Chan Zuckerberg Initiative,’ the two pledged to bestow $4.6 billion to charities which include $75 million worth donation to San Francisco General Hospital where Priscilla served
- 2013: Donate 18 million shares of Facebook to Mountain-View-based donor advised company ‘Silicon Valley Community Foundation’
- The same year, the couple was ranked first on the list of 50 most generous American philanthropists issued by The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Priscilla and husband Mark, founder of online social media co. Facebook vowed to donate 99 percent of the company shares to their Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, a non-profit charitable organization that mainly promotes health and education
- Priscilla’s organization main focus and goal is to advance healthcare, education, and science since she meticulously relates to it considering her personal background
- 2016: Founded The Primary School, an organization that’s central focus and goal is to offer prenatal care and K-12 education to East Palo Alto, California
- In early 2017, Chan was on the nominations for The San Francisco Chronicle third annual Visionary of the Year Award
Priscilla Chan Net Worth & Salary
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Chan’s estimated net worth counts $50 billion.
Together with billionaire husband, Mark, Chan has pledged to donate $3 billion to charities, aid research, and initiative who aims to prevents diseases.
A former medical student of the University of California, San Francisco, she has a staggering fortune worth 50 billion.
Priscilla, professionally pediatrician and philanthropist rose to prominence after her private nuptial with tech entrepreneur and chief executive officer of Facebook.
- Net Worth: $ 50 billion
- Salary: N/A
Together the couple has pledged to donate $3 billion to varied charities and organization that works for the welfare of mankind and promotes education and health.