Penn Jillette is an exalted American magician, illusionist, musician, inventor stand-up comedian, and author. Penn Jillette, popular as a one half of magic duo ‘Penn & Teller’ along with Teller is known for their elaborate public illusions and pristine magic tricks. As a magic troupe, they have performed and featured in various stage shows that includes ‘Penn & Teller: Fool Us’ and ‘Penn & Teller: Bullshit’
- Birthday: March 5, 1955 (Age 63)
- Ethnicity: English, Scottish, Irish
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Magician, Illusionist, writer, author, stand-up comedian
Penn Jillette Family: Wife, Children
Penn Jillette has been married to Emily Zolten Jillette for almost 16 years now and has two children with her. After dating for years, the couple took their wedding vows during an impromptu ceremony in a chapel at Las Vegas.
Penn, a native of Greenfield, Massachusetts was born to a secretary, Valda Rudolph Jillette, and Samuel Herbert Jillette. His father used to work at Greenfield’s Franklin County Jail to financially support the family.
Penn was in the early teens when he turned to atheist after meticulously going through a bible. Since childhood, he was stirred and fascinated by magic tricks, though embittered and ostracized the traditional magic tricks crafted as an authentic one like ‘The Amazing Kreskin’.
- Parents: Valda Rudolph Jillette and Samuel Hobert Jillette
- Wife: Emily Zolten Jillette
- Children: (Moxie CrimeFighter and Zolten Penn)
- Marital Status: Married
In the late teens, he came about to witness the work and approach of Canadian illusionist James Randi whose magic tricks were more perceptive and insightful rather than inscrutability which dealt with supernatural power.
Impressed by his work, Penn also drove himself towards the field and along with forthcoming juggler and high school classmate, Michael Moschen began creating and performing acts shortly after graduating from the school.
To forge the career path in the business, he attended Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Clown College which trained over thousand of aspiring magicians and clown.
Soon after graduating from the college in 1974, he along with illusionist Teller and close pal, Weir Chrisemer created a three-person act named Asparagus Valley Cultural Society and began playing in San Francisco and Amherst.
Since he prioritized career over personal life, Peen took several years to get settle down in personal life. Finally, in 2004, he tied the knot with a television producer, Emily Zolten, and over the years welcomed two children, Zolten and Moxie CrimeFighter.
With over 16 years of togetherness and cordial relationship, the couple is relishing a blissful life more than ever. Along with their children, the two now lives in Las Vegas Valley, Nevada.
Penn Jillette Height, Weight and Body Measurements
Penn Jillette is no doubt a great magician but he is also good-looking, handsome with smart personality. Lean and fit, Penn, however, was plump and obese when entered into the show business but having worked on the physique and going on gym has certainly helped the magician lose the weight
Not everyone has the sanguine aura and positive vibe as that of Penn and this is what makes him so different of all and greatest magician. Hilarious, witty and confident are the terms what best defines this magician.
- Height: N/A
- Body Measurements: N/A
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: N/A
Even at age 63, his popularity and fame haven’t dwindled at all, such is the impact of Jillette. As handsome and genial as ever with suave good looks, Asian styled beard, neat hairdo and smoldering blue eyes, it’s quite impossible to match him.
Always well-dressed up in a sleek suit with matching tie, he is also fashionably good. With signature glasses and a sweet smile never wiping from the face, he has enhanced his style and glamorous avatar.
Vivacious, sprightly and funny, Penn loves inventing and recreating new magic tricks and put on shows around the world. With regard to work, he is continuously touring and traveling around the world
Penn Jillette Professional Career: Penn & Teller, Dancing with the Stars
After introducing own-self to the world as a half of magic duo ‘Penn & Teller’ there has been no looking back for Penn.
With commercially and critically acclaimed shows and television sitcoms like ‘The Simpsons’, ‘Toy Story’ and ‘Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No’, he is no doubt one of the most successful magicians ever.
- His collaboration with Teller eventually worked when the two formed a magic duo ‘Penn & Teller’ who together performed and put on the number of Off-Broadway and Broadway shows around the world
- While his Off-Broadway show with Teller continued to do great business, he also sprinted his partnership with mariachi power trio labeled ‘Bongos, Bass and Bob’ but after the split of the band, the latter two members of the group created a comedy duo ‘Mr. Elk and Mr. Seal’
- While together, they along with musician Mark Kramer had recorded an album titled ‘Never Mind the Sex Pistols, Here’s Bongos Bass and Bob’ at Noise New York
- 1990-1994: Contributed with his work to monthly magazine ‘PC/Computing’ which is no longer in functions
- A multi-faceted artist and performer, he also appeared in multiple television shows and sitcoms including Sabrina the Teenage Witch as well as guest appearances in ‘The Drew Carey Show’, ‘Babylon 5’ and ‘The West Wing’
- As a co-director and producer along with Paul Provenza, his first venture was 2005 documentary comedy film ‘The Aristocrats’
- Since early 2003, the team of Penn & Teller began producing and anchoring Showtime documentary televisions series ‘Penn & Teller Bullshit!’ that ran until 2010
- Other television shows that Penn has been a part of includes Season 5 of The Celebrity Apprentice, All-Star Celebrity Apprentice and bi-weekly show ‘Penn Point’
- He had also participated in ‘Dancing with the Stars’ season 6 along with dancing partner Kym Johnson but was instantly eliminated after the first episode
Penn Jillette Net Worth and Salary
Penn’s estimated net worth counts $175 million while no information has been figured out regarding annual salary. One of the most successful magicians of all time, he has earned his massive fortune through various stage shows, movies, and television work.
In addition to various television ventures, shows and gigs, his hot-tub jet called ‘Jill-Jet’, designed for woman’s contentment are also to be credited for his enormous net worth. In 1994, he had invested huge money luxurious home nicknamed The Slammer’ in Las Vegas Valley has been recently sold out for 1.88 million which is still a huge deal.
- Net Worth: $175 million
- Salary: N/A