Jo Whiley is a promising British radio DJ and TV personality. Jo Whiley is well perceived as an anchor of long-time weekday program “Jo Whiley Show” aired on BBC Radio 1.
Unarguably one of the legendary broadcast presenters, she has got an inspiring biography to offer you.
- Birthday: 4 July 1965 (Age 53)
- Ethnicity: White
- Nationality: English
- Profession: Radio DJ and TV Host
Jo Whiley Family: Husband and Children
Married to Steve Morton, Whiley is the mother of four grown-up children. Her husband is a music executive.
The couple is married for 27 years; they have been living harmonious family life with no rumors of divorce or extramarital affairs until the day.
Born in Northampton, United Kingdom, Whiley is the daughter of Martin Whiley and his wife, Christine Whiley.
She was raised in a middle-class family who never deprived supporting their daughter in her decisions.
- Parents: Martin Whiley and Christine Whiley
- Husband: Steve Morton
- Children: Jude, India, Cass, and Coco Whiley Morton
- Marital Status: Married
Her father was an electrician while her mother used to serve as a postmistress.
Growing up, she enrolled at Campion School at Bugbrooke, nearby her hometown. Following, she joined Brighton Polytechnic to study languages.
Not so sure about her career, she took a job at BBC Radio Sussex after talking with a lecturer while in her final year. The show was “Turn It Up” where Whiley was supposed to attend concerts and interrogate the musicians.
Later, she studied one-year radio journalism program in City University London to pursue her career as a professional broadcaster.
Moreover, she also participated in swimming representing Northamptonshire.
Regarded as a power couple, Whiley and Morton have beautifully nurtured their children, teaching them to live their life to the fullest.
Immensely successful in her profession, Whiley is equally acing in her personal life as proud wife and mom.
Jo Whiley Height, Weight, and Lifestyle
Jo Whiley stands with the height of 5 feet 6 inches and has considerable weight. Avidly conscious about her fitness, she has a tempting hourglass figure with no measurements available.
Despite giving birth to four children, Whiley is aging gracefully like a fine wine, that barely any people of her age appears so juvenile. She is rocking her fifties with a vibrant attitude and ageless looks.
She has blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair complexion.
- Height: 5 Feet 6 Inches (1.67m)
- Body Measurements: N/A
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: N/A
She has a slim body built yet a curvaceous one which makes her stun every apparel while attending red carpet events. She appears robustly healthy though of hectic household chores and works schedule.
To stay in shape, Whiley takes on intense workout and follows a healthy lifestyle, however, she has stated, “I’ve never done a fad diet, but I watch what I eat”.
During her leisure, Whiley loves treating her family with gourmet meals and cuddling with them. Her Instagram post describes that she also enjoys adventures, music, traveling, and sports.
Moreover, she cherishes an exotic vacation with her munchkins during her holidays.
Jo Whiley Professional Career: BBC and Radio Shows
Jo Whiley is a veteran media personality, well-known for her tenure with BBC entities. Also served for British Satellite Broadcasting and Channel 4, she worked alongside DJ Steve Lamacq on the show “Top of the Pops” on BBC One.
Subsequently, she began her own show “The Jo Whiley Show”, “Jo’s Road Trip” and “Spellstar” on BBC Radio 1.
- 1995: Anchored her own Saturday afternoon show on BBC Radio 1
- (1998-2001): Hosted her own music talk show “The Jo Whiley Show” on Channel 4
- (2001-08): Presented a weekday music and entertainment program “The Jo Whiley Show” at 10 Am timeslot
- 2007: Appeared as a judge in the talent competition show “Orange unsignedAct” on T4 (Channel 4)
- 2009: Released her autobiography on CD “My World in Motion” under Random House Audiobooks
- (2009-11): Worked on BBC Radio 1 presenting weekend shows between 1 pm to 4 pm timeslot
- 2010: Collaborated with Steve Lamacq for BBC Radio 6Music’s “Good Friday”
- 2011: Began co-anchoring “Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park” after leaving Radio 1 after17 years of a successful career
- 2018: Co-hosted alongside Simon Mayo on his drivetime show “Simon Mayo Drivetime” until its final broadcast on 4 May 2018
Jo Whiney Net Worth and Salary
Jo Whiley’s net worth isn’t revealed while her annual salary is between £150 000-£200 000. Listed as one of the highest earning DJs of BBC radio, she has accumulated enormous fortunes through her tenure as radio and TV presenter.
A self-made media personality, Whiley began her career at a young age yet with bigger responsibilities in a national radio station.
Garnered enough experience to name herself as ‘veteran’, she also possesses notable assets to afford her lavish lifestyle.
- Salary: £150 000-£200 000
- Net Worth: N/A