James Hetfield is best known as a principal songwriter for the renowned heavy metal band Metallica. He is a co-founder of the band where his further responsibilities are as lead singer and guitarist.
Metallica has earned nine Grammys and has dropped ten studio albums, three live albums 24 singles, and four EPs until the date.
- Birthday: 3 August 1963 (Age 55)
- Ethnicity: English-German-Scottish-Irish
- Nationality: American
James Hetfield Wife – Francesca Hetfield and Children
James Hetfield married Francesca Hetfield on 17 August 1997, breaking every female fan’s heart. His wife is the inspiration for the tattoo on his left hand, “F”.
His wife works in Metallica’s security team and later moved to take care of wardrobe of the band. The couple is the proud parent of three children; daughters, Cali Tee, and Marcella Francesca and a son, Castor Virgil.
Before marrying Francesca, he was in a relationship with Kristen for two long years and had a short-lived relationship with Leah Storkson.
A native of Downey, California, Hetfield is the son of Virgil Lee Hetfield and his wife Cynthia Bassett. His mother was an opera singer while his father was a truck driver.
In 1976, his parent divorced and he had to lose his mother to cancer. He belongs to English, German, Scottish, and Irish ancestry.
- Parents: Virgil Lee Hetfield ad Cynthia Bassett
- Wife: Francesca Hetfield (m. 1997)
- Children: Cali Tee, Marcella Francesca, and Castor Virgil
- Marital Status: Married
Hetfield grew up playing guitar, hunting and used to be a regular quit kid. The child of strict Christian scientists, he was treated as an outsider in his high school.
All in all, he never had a blissful childhood. He went to Downey High School. His upbringing became the subject matter of many of his lyrics later in Metallica including, “The God That Failed”.
Merely at age of nine, he began taking piano classes and by fourteen he began pulling guitar’s strings. While at Brea Olinda High School, he met up Jim Mulligan, a drummer and formed a group along with Hugh Tanner.
They eventually formed a group named “Phantom Lord”. After “Phantom Lord” disbanded another band “Leather Charm” arose. After Hugh Tanner left the band, Troy James took his position. The Mulligan left the band for the more escalating Rush-like band.
As there was no drummer, the rest of the band member call it quits. In his teens, he played with a number of garage bands and states that Aerosmith was his major musical influence when he was a child.
James Hetfield Age – Height and Body Measurements
This 55-year-old heavy metal singer, James Hetfield stands with the height of 6 feet 1 inch and weight of 81.7 Kg. Hetfield has an athletic body built with a wide chest, sculpted calves, and ripped abs.
Made into his mid-50s, Hetfield has grown more appealing with age along with his vocals and physical appearance.
He has got a muscular physique with numerous tattoos inked over while each of them carries some special meaning.
- Height: 6 Feet 1 Inches (1.85m)
- Body Measurements: N/A
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: 81.7 kg (180 lbs)
For those who are dying to know the secret of his well-toned body, he regularly performs hardcore workouts focusing more on cardio and weightlifting. He has blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin tone.
Hetfield enjoys a number of activities, including sketching, jet-skiing, water-skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, hunting, and customizing motorcycles and cars in his garage. He loves to watch the Oakland Raiders.
James Hetfield Movies, Songs and Albums
Hetfield became a co-founder of Metallica after responding to a classified commercial in the newspaper The Recycler by drummer Lars Ulrich in 1981. He began to serve as band’s lead singers.
After moving to San Francisco as well as replacing Mustaine with Kirk Hammett in the year 1983, the band Metallica started to work on their first album. A number of record labels rejected the heavy metal band because of their aggressive sound.
The incident prompted the band’s manager to launch their own label exclusively for the release of their own album titled “Kill ‘Em All” in 1983 was admired by music lovers and was a big hit and the rest is history.
- (1983-88): Metallica released studio album “Kill ‘Em All”, “Ride the Lighting”, “Master of Puppets”, and “…And Justice for All” where all of them entered the Billboard chart except their debut album
- (1987-2011): Released three extended plays; “The $5.98 E.P. / $9.98 CD: Garage Days Re-Revisited”, “Live at Grimey’s”, and “Beyond Magnetic”
- (1991-97): Dropped three studio albums; “Metallica”, “Load”, and “Reload” which were certified 16x, 5x, and 3x platinum respectively by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)
- (1993-2010): Released four live albums like “Live Shit: Binge & Purge”, “ S&M”, and “The Big Four: Live from Sofia, Bulgaria”
- 1998: Metallica came with their only cover album “Garage Inc” with Elektra Records, selling more than 2.5 million copies
- (2003-16): Came with three studio albums; “St. Anger”, “Death Magnetic”, and “Hardwired… to Self-Destruct” and all of them made the top of sales charts such as the Billboard 200
- 2011: The band dropped their collaboration album “Lulu” with Lou Reed that included a lead single “The View”
James Hetfield Net Worth and Salary – How Much James Hetfield Net Worth?
James Hetfield is an American guitarist, singer, and songwriter who has a net worth of $300 million. Accomplished numerous music project and tours with the band, he was named as the 19th greatest guitarist of all time by Guitar World magazine.
Hetfield has placed himself as one of the wealthiest personalities in the music industry with millions worth. In addition, he earns the extra bulk of money through his appearance in various films, TV series, and concerts.
- Salary: N/A
- Net Worth: $300 Million