Elisabeth Judson Shue is a noted television and film actress from Wilmington, Delaware. Elisabeth Shue acknowledged and appreciated globally for her incredible work as Sera in romantic tragedy film ‘Leaving Las Vegas’ was equally valued for unerring acting prowess in both ‘Karate Kid’ and ‘Back to the Future Part III’
- Birthday: October 6, 1963 (Age 54)
- Ethnicity: German, English
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Actress
Elisabeth Shue Husband – Davis Guggenheim and Children
Elisabeth Shue has been married to Davis Guggenheim, a film director, and producer for almost 25 years now and has 3 children together. Since the time, Elisabeth sparked her romance with Davis and shared an instant bond, the two has been inseparable.
Elisabeth who has been candid and outspoken regarding her personal life ever since entered into the industry has concealed no information regarding her relationship with director husband Davis Guggenheim.
Shue’s great bond and romantic relationship with Davis is often witnessed at public events where the couple frequently puts in PDA moments and appears to be totally loved-up. This couple shares three children together, Miles, Stella, and Agnes whom they prioritize the most and keeps at the front seat.
Elisabeth, a native of Wilmington, Delaware was born one of the four children to former congressional candidate James William and Anne Brewster.
Shue’s dad, a former president of the International Food and Beverage Corporation was a congressional frontrunner at one time who also worked as a real estate developer and practiced lawyer.
- Parents: James Shue, Anne Brewster
- Husband: Davis Guggenheim
- Children: 3 (Agnes Charles, Stella Street, and Miles William Guggenheim)
- Marital Status: Married
Her mom was also an independent woman who financially supported the family by working in the private division of the Chemical Banking Corporation as a vice president.
Elisabeth is of English lineage from her mom side as Anne was the successor of Mayflower Passenger, William Brewster while has German roots from her familial side who immigrated to Pennsylvania from Germany in the 19th century.
Shue who grew up with her three brothers including a younger brother and forthcoming actor, Andrew in South Orange, New Jersey saw her parents split up at the age of 9.
Despite the grief and pain, she administered own-self and rather concentrate on the study by attending Maplewood-based Columbia High School where her performance led her to induct into the school’s Hall of Fame along with brother Andrew.
After studying for a year at Wellesley College, she transferred to prestigious Harvard University, though dropped out a college when a semester away to earn the degree intending to pursue a career in acting.
After 9 years since the tragic death of her older brother who clanged to a rope, Shue revisited Harvard to earn bachelor’s degree in political science.
Elisabeth Shue Age – Height and Body Measurements
Standing 5 feet 2 inches, Elisabeth Shue packs a great talent in her small-sized frame that’s pretty impossible to match.
The beauty bombshell is not only blessed with an incredible talent but also with good looks and natural charm that illuminates the atmosphere wherever appears.
Not only has Elisabeth dominated the industry with her ceaseless acting prowess but also with her charismatic beauty over the past 26 years.
The beauty stunner has literally rapt the global audience for over 2 decades with radiant visage, enthralling magnetism, and sex appeal.
- Height: 5 feet 2 inches (158 cm)
- Body Measurements: 35-25-33 inches (90-64-84 cm)
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: 54 kg (117 lbs)
With smokey hazel eyes, dazzling sweet smile and glowing visage, she makes a beauty stunner who has reigned the heart of millions of people all around the world.
It’s also startling and implausible to see how the mother of three, Elisabeth has maintained her physique and allure even after all these years in the industry.
A workaholic and dedicated, Shue often has her time on the filming of movies and on the set but whenever not documenting she spends her precious time with husband and children. In fact, she put her career on hold at one-time as priorities shifted towards raising their children and enjoying motherhood.
Since she is back in the industry now, she is indeed taking luxurious trips and vacation to different countries around the world but only in the spare time.
Elisabeth Shue Movies and TV shows – Leaving Las Vegas, Adventures in Babysitting and More
One of the finest actresses in Hollywood, Elisabeth instantly rose to fame after her incredible performance as Sera in ‘Leaving Las Vegas’.
During the prime of the career at the time, she appeared in multiple commercially successful movies such as ‘Piranha 3D’ and ‘House at the End of the Street’.
- Started a career with acknowledged work credits in television commercials, markedly for Burger Kings TV ads, DeBeers diamonds, and Best Foods/Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- Landed minor yet credited roles in television movies such as ‘The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana’ and ‘Somewhere, Tomorrow’ which eventually helped her get signed to Jerry Weintraub’s ‘The Karate Kid’ opposite Ralph Macchio
- Subsequently, in the years, Elisabeth frequently appeared on the screen with big Hollywood projects and ventures such as ‘Call To Glory’ and ‘Adventures in Babysitting’
- Since 1988, the actress became an ought to in Hollywood as she starred in ceaseless movies of a wide genre that included ‘Back to the Future Part II’ and its sequel, rom-com ‘The Marrying Man’ as well as ‘Cocktail’ opposite Tom Cruise
- The 90s ‘Leaving Las Vegas’ by Mike Figgis came as a career breakthrough for Shue as her impudent character of Sera in the movie earned her nomination for every prestigious award including Academy Award, BAFTA, and SAG Award
- Since the Academy nominated role, Shue was unstoppable with numerous Hollywood movies opposite A-listed Hollywood celebs came along her way, few of them included ‘Deconstructing Harry’ by Woody Allen, Alexandre Aja’s Piranha 3D and ‘House at the End of the Street’ alongside Jennifer Lawrence
- 2002: Starred as ‘Hide and Seek’ along with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and three years later appeared in Dreamer opposite Dakota Fanning
- Further overstated the career resume by working in some of Hollywood finest movies that included ‘Hamlet 2’, ‘Behaving Badly’ and a remake of ‘Death Wish’
- Along with an extensive career in the big screen, Shue also worked in television by appearing in adult animated sitcom ‘American Dad!’ and Season 12 of CBS ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’
- Shue’s forthcoming project includes Aaron Schneider’s war film ‘Greyhound’ alongside Tom Hanks and superhero drama series ‘The Boys’ with Karl Urban
Elisabeth Shue Net Worth and Salary
Elisabeth Shue net worth: Elisabeth Shue is an American actress who has a net worth of $12.5 million. While her annual salary has not been drawn yet.
Her expedition as a face for television commercials to Academy nominated role in ‘Leaving Las Vegas’ and Broadway ‘Some American Abroad ‘ played at the Lincoln Center all are to be credited for both her burgeoning career and fortune.
When Elisabeth switched on from her regular girl next door role to profound character of Sera in romantic comedy ‘Leaving Las Vegas’, both the audience and critics couldn’t help themselves from complimenting her excellent work.
Ever since then, she has been dazzling the audience with her outstanding and extraordinary roles in a number of movies including ‘Death Wish’ and ‘Battle of the Sexes’.
- Net Worth: $12.5 million
- Salary: N/A