Brendan Fraser is a globally acknowledged American-Canadian actor. Brendan Fraser rose to prominence with his starring role of Rick O’Connell in The Mummy trilogy though some of his later ‘George of the Jungle’ and ‘Journey’ to the Center if the Earth’ was also considered few of his best one so far.
- Birthday: December 3, 1968 (Age 49)
- Ethnicity: Irish, Scottish, German, Czech, English, French-Canadian
- Nationality: American, Canadian
- Profession: Actor
Brendan Fraser Ex-wife – Afton Smith, Children
Brendan Fraser has been married to actress Afton Smith for almost 9 years and has three children with her.
Before their nasty divorce in late 2007, the couple shared an intimate close bond and understanding making the most adorable couple ever.
After 5 years of secret romantic relationship, Fraser eventually tied the knot with New York-based actress Afton Smith whom he had first met at Winona Ryder’s barbeque party.
The couple went for an intimate ceremony for their nuptials keeping it pretty low. In the following years, the couple relished a blissful marital life having shared great affection and adoration for each other which often get witnessed on red carpet and event.
The two also welcomed three children over the years. In late 2007, the couple decided to get separate after putting their luxurious Beverly Hills mansion up for sale. Fraser who provided an alimony and child support upon his divorce with Afton appealed the court to reduce the amount of child support money.
Brendon, a native of Indianapolis, Indiana was born to Canadian parents Peter Fraser and Carol Mary Fraser. His dad was a Foreign Service official in Canada’s Government Office of Tourism while mom worked as a sales consultant.
- Parents: Carol Fraser and Peter Fraser
- Wife: Afton Smith (1998-2008)
- Children: (Leland Francis, Griffin Arthur, and Holden Fletcher Fraser)
- Marital Status: Divorced
His uncle George Genereux is an Olympic gold medalist who marked a history in Canada by becoming the only athlete to win a gold medal for the country in the 1952 Summer Olympics.
Brendan who is mostly of Irish, Scottish and German lineage on his parent’s side grew up along with three older siblings, Kevin, Regan, and Sean in the capital of Indiana.
He also spent a better part of his childhood traveling around the world such as Eureka, California, Ottawa, Washington, Netherland and many more as the family would relentlessly move and never settled down in a country.
While growing up in Toronto, he was enrolled at a private boarding school named Upper Canada College in Toronto. His first official stage show was, however, in West End, London when he was in the country on vacation.
As a young, Fraser moved to Seattle, Washington to attend Cornish College of the Arts and upon graduation joined a local acting college in New York City.
Enthused and keenly passionate about acting, he instantly moved towards Hollywood dropping the early plans to graduate from school in Texas.
Brendan Fraser Age – Height and Body Measurements
Standing at a soaring stature of 6 feet 3 inches with eye-striking physique and looks, Brendan packs a great talent in his frame.
With classic Hollywood good looks, natural charisma, magnetic brown eyes, Fraser certainly makes one of the hottest actors in Hollywood.
Born in Indianapolis and raised in Canada, Brendan has certainly procured the characteristics of both countries following which he has turned out so handsome and appealing.
When he appeared as Rick O’Connell in The Mummy, Fraser instantly set the pulses of many ladies around the world racing.
- Height: 6 feet 3 inches (192 cm)
- Body Measurements: N/A
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: 95 kg (209 lbs)
Not only did he succeed to impress the ladies but also make them obsessed with his looks, physical sex appeal, smoldering dark brown eyes, and sweet smile.
Brendan who has had a killer shape athletic physique with sculpted abs, burgeoning biceps throughout his career seems to have gained weight in the recent years though he is trying his best to get back in shape by relentlessly hitting the gym and working on his body.
Though fun-loving and approachable, Fraser often avoids the media spotlight and tries to have a low-key profile as much as possible. Apart from the casual street walk and posh vacations in exotic places around the world, he is normally spotted during Hollywood events and red carpet.
Brendan Fraser Movies, Television Series – The Mummy Returns, George of the Jungle
Brendan Fraser grasped the national attention with his role as Rick O’ Connell in horror-adventure ‘The Mummy’.
He later appeared in its two subsequent sequels and also starred in multiple box office successful movies including ‘The Quiet American’ and ‘Journey to the Center of the Earth’.
- Made professional acting debut with a significant role in Vietnam war-based film ‘Dogfight’ and a year later bagged a starring role in Les Mayfield comedy film ‘Encino Man’.
- Following the movie average box office business and his convincing performance, Brendan was cast in sports-drama film ‘School Ties’ co-starring Chris O’Donnell and Matt Damon
- 1994: Starred alongside Adam Sandler and Steve Buscemi in Rich Wilkes comedy-film ‘Airheads’ while also portrayed the role of Steve Nebraska in comedy film ‘The Scout’
- Extensively known for his versatility and impeccable acting prowess, Fraser also starred in a number of commercially hit movies including ‘George of the Jungle’, ‘Blast from the Past’ and ‘Monkeybone’
- Profoundly acknowledged and distinguished for his work as Rick O’Connell in action fantasy film ‘The Mummy’ and its sequel, he has also guest-starred in a number of movies such as ‘Scrubs, Kings of the Hill’, The Simpsons’
- 1998: Portrayed the character of Clayton Boone in period drama film ‘Gods and Monsters’ and starred in political drama ‘The Quiet American’ along with Michael Caine four years later
- Other movies credits that Fraser has been associated with during his burgeoning career are ‘The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor’, Journey to the Center of the Earth’, and ‘Fury Vengeance’.
- Extremely talented and multi-faceted, he also appeared alongside Colm Meaney in independent comedy film ‘Whole Lotta Sole’
- Fraser’s most recent movie credit includes Showtime drama series ‘The Affair’, and FX anthology drama series ‘Trust’
- After replacing Jake Michaels in an up-and-coming television series ‘Doom Patrol’, he is now all set to appear as a regular cast in the series
- Following his remarkable work in the industry, Brendan received various prestigious honors including SAG Award, Seattle International Film Festival Award and own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- He was also enshrined in Canada’s Walk of Fame, making him the first American-Canadian to receive it
Brendan Fraser Net Worth and Salary
What is the Net Worth of Brendan Fraser? Brendan has an estimated net worth of $20 million while his annual salary has not been revealed yet.
The actor has predominantly accumulated his colossal fortune through a burgeoning career in movies and television series especially through the box office success of ‘The Mummy’ and its sequels.
Along with multiple commercial hit movies, Fraser also appeared in the Broadway production of ‘Elling’ while also starred as the main character in West End production of ‘Cat on a Hot Tin Roof’ which further boosted his net worth.
- Net Worth: $20 million
- Salary: N/A