Billy Ray Cyrus is multiplatinum-selling recording performer, songwriter, and actor. Billy Ray Cyrus, indeed William originally is one of the greatest country singers of all time having recorded and unleashed as many as 12 studio albums, each of which sold millions of copies.
His debut album ‘Some Gave All’ which spawned hits ‘Achy Breaky Heart’, thanks to the phenomenal lines, eye-catching music video, Billy propelled into the mainstream stardom, having garnered millions of fans worldwide.
- Birthday: August 25, 1961 (Age 56)
- Ethnicity: White
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Singer-songwriter, actor
Family and Personal Life
Bill Ray Cyrus is married to actor-producer Leticia Jean Finely for over 2 decades now. Billy who briefly separated with his wife in late 2010 briefly announced his divorce publicly, however, the couple rekindled back again after couples therapy.
Billy, a Flatwoods, Kentucky native was born to former steelworker and politician Ron Cyrus and Ruth Ann Casto. His father, a rigger to Armco Steel Ashland Works in Greenup County served the Democratic Party as an executive secretary of the AFL-CIO in Kentucky until 1986.
- Parents: Ron Cyrus and Ruth Ann Casto
- Wife: Leticia Jean Finley
- Children: 6 (Trace, Miley, Noah, Brandi, Christopher Cody, and Braison Cyrus)
- Marital Status: Married
Being fenced within the clan of bluegrass and gospel music artists, he too got influenced by the music and thus began performing since age 4. As a child, he learned acoustic guitar but being left-handed he, unfortunately, couldn’t play it as exquisitely as his father who was right-handed.
Growing up in the home rule-class city in Scott County, he attended Georgetown College, where drafted on a baseball scholarship. Following the intensity and passion for music, he later switched into music in the college but eventually dropped out in the junior aiming to pursue a career in the field after attending Neil Diamond concert.
In the early 80s, he joined a music troupe named Sly Dog and performed with it until signed a record deal with Mercury Nashville Records. It was during this time, Billy got smitten with his ‘Wher’m I Gonna Live’ co-writer, Cindy Smith, with whom he eventually tied the knot in 1986.
With over 5 years of togetherness in both personal and professional life, featuring together in debut music album ‘Some Gave All’, the beloved couple eventually puts an end to their 5 years of marriage in 1991.
After 2 years of gloom and seclusion, Billy moved on in his life with actress-producer Leticia Cyrus. The couple together welcomed their first child Miley born Destiny in 1992 and a year later got married. Together they now have three children including Braison Chance and Noah Lindsey, both an emerging model and singer respectively.
He also fathered Leticia’s two children Brandi Glenn and Trace from her previous relationship with Baxter Neal Helson and son named Christopher Cody from his romantic relationship with Kristin Luckey.
However, in the fall of 2010, Billy made a public statement that he has filed divorce from wife, Tish citing irreconcilable differences but within five months of time frame, he dropped the idea.
Later in 2013, it was Tish who filed for the divorce after the 19 years of marriage. The couple, however, rekindled their romantic relationship after couples therapy.
Body Measurements and Lifestyle
Billy Ray Cyrus is a renowned country music artist with envious good looks, rawness and glamorous persona. With a soaring height of 6 feet and eye-popping chiseled body, he exudes glamour and physical sex appeal.
Undeniably one of the most versatile country music artists of the era, Billy is a performer to match. With a perfect blend of dashing good looks, sensational tranquil vocal, and earnest, this Kentucky born heartthrob has been reigning the heart of global audience through all this time and still continues to do so.
- Height: 6 feet (182 cm)
- Body Measurements: N/A
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: 82 kg (180 lbs)
Intelligence and attitude are what this singer has worn forever, making him way sexier and smarter than any other artist. His signature countryside looks matched by natural brunette locks and full-grown beard has made this star look effortlessly suave and glamorous with each passing time.
A perfect example of a fella sprouting into himself, he has never looked as hot and handsome as much as in his mid-50. His sculpted physique with masculine biceps and triceps ripped abs and rugged looks are the evidence that the chap has defied the time.
Billy, 56 who mostly spends his time on the road touring and performing all around the estates and world has maintained a cordial and close relationship with all his children despite being busy with hectic work schedule. Having banked colossal fortune with a successful music career in the industry, he has quite an extravagant life with all sorts of luxuries and contentment.
Billy Ray Cyrus is a legendary country music artist who reached to prominence with single ‘Achy Breaky Heart’. Besides the singer-songwriter has also had a successful acting career having starred in movies and TV series including Syfy reality series ‘UFO: Unbelievably Freakin’ Obvious
- Scored global fame with the release of chartbuster debut album ‘Some Gave All’ that spawned hits like ‘Achy Breaky Heart’ and ‘Could’ve Been Me’
- His first album was an instant hot having reached No.1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums and Canadians Albums Chart and several other tabulated musical lists of different countries
- Successively dropped second studio album ‘It Won’t Be the Last’ in mid-1993 which featured smash-hit singles including ‘In the Heart of a Woman’ and ‘Words by Heart’ as well as featured in Dolly Parton’s single ‘Romeo’
- 1994: Released third and final studio album ‘Storm in the Heartland’ for PolyGram, which eventually didn’t turn out to be as successful as its predecessors
- After being signed to Mercury Records, he released his debut studio album ‘Trail of Tears’ for the record label which garnered him rave reviews from both critics and audience
- Rose to peak of prominence with lead-off single ‘You Won’t Be Lonely Now’ from sixth studio album ‘Southern Rain’, released after being signed with Monuments one year earlier
- With New Door/Ume Records, Billy unleashed his ninth and first country album ‘Wanna Be Your Joe’ in 2006 while also starred in musical comedy television series ‘Hannah Montana’
- The same year, he collaborated with comedic glam metal band Metal Skool (renamed Steel Panther) and performed multiple songs including ‘I Want My Mullet Back’ and Billy Idol’s ‘Rebel Yell’
- Competed in season 4 of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ as a celebrity contestant with dancing partner Karina Smirnoff
- 2009: Launched alternative rock musical group ‘Brother Clyde’ under which, the group released multiple single including ‘Lately’ and ‘Nineteen’
- His multiple television credits include ‘The Next Wave’, ‘Diagnosis Murder’ and Canadian teen drama series ‘Degrassi: The Next Generation’
- Starred in Brian Levant comedy film ‘The Spy Next Door’ starring Jackie Chan which was filmed in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Salary and Net Worth 2018
Billy Ray Cyrus, a venerated country singer worldwide has established himself a successful career in music. With the release of certified 9x multi-platinum album ‘Some Gave All’, he garnered himself worldwide fame and accolade.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Billy’s estimated net worth is $20 million which’s escalating every passing year. The Achy Breaky Heart hit-maker has predominantly garnered his fortune out of a successful career in music and Hollywood, principally through multiple record sales and albums.
- Net Worth: $20 million
- Salary: N/A