Alex Trebek is a popular game show host and television personality of Canada origin. Alex Trebek, a Canadian-American profound personality, is best known for hosting ‘Jeopardy!’, one of the most famous game programs in the television industry. Started presenting the show since 1984, he has won several Daytime Emmy Awards for his role.
- Birthday: July 22, 1940 (age 77)
- Ethnicity: Mixed
- Nationality: Canadian-American
- Profession: Game show host, TV personality, and actor
Family and Personal Life
Alex Trebek has been married twice with one subsequent divorce. Alex’s first wife was Elaine Callei, an American businesswoman. He wed his current wife Jean Currivan, New York-based real estate manager in 1990 and since has been living joyous married life. They have two children, Matthew and Emily together.
The child of Ukraine-emigrated George Edward Trebek and Franco-Ontarian Lucille Lagace, his birth took place in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada in a bilingual French-English household. While attending the University of Ottawa, Alex was the member of English Debating Society.
- Parents: George Edward Trebek and Lucille Lagace
- Wife: Jean Currivan (1990) and Elaine Callei (1974-1981)
- Children: Matthew and Emily
- Marital Status: Married
He had his graduation from University of Ottawa in 1961 with a degree in philosophy. Passionate about broadcast news, and still in college, future TV personality Alex initiated his career in broadcasting as a sportscaster/newscaster for the CBS in 1961.
At the time, he presented national news & covered several special sports events for the CBS’s television & radio division. While presenting NBC’s game show ‘High Rollers’, he married his first wife Elaine Callei (businesswoman) in 1974. The couple remained man-and-wife for seven years before divorcing in 1981. The ex-couple bears no children together.
Body Measurements and Lifestyle
Alex Trebek has a height of 5 feet 7 inches and considerable body weight. However, the exact stats of his body measurements are yet to be revealed.
Alex is 77, yet he looks incredible. No hair loss, no wrinkles, and that on-going enthusiasm that earned TV presenter Alex Trebek quite a reputation.
- Height: 5 feet 7 in (173cm)
- Body Measurements: N/A
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: N/A
He has an average built-up with a considerable height and weight to suit his personality. His tough looks and uncanny wit has earned him lot of admirer throughout the years. Alex is one good-looking man who defies the law of aging with his juvenile hairline, and delight on-air appearance and well-maintained body.
This ruggedly handsome aficionado has been a fixture on television since 1963. He lives a very low-key lifestyle and doesn’t keep his social sites accounts updated. He prefers to keep his daily life out of the limelight.
Alex Trebek is an award-winning sports anchor & TV personality with numerous accolades under his belt. He has been active in this business since 1963 and is considered as one of the leading names in the field of media broadcast.
- 1963-1964- Hosted Canadian music TV series ‘Music Top’ on CBS Television
- 1966-70- Fulfilled the role of the announcer on CBS Championship Curling
- 1977-1976, 1978-1980- Presented the game show called ‘Double Dare’ on CBS
- 1984-present- Landed his career defying job as the host of ‘Jeopardy!’, world’s most popular game show
- 1996-1998- Presented the cooking contest called ‘The Pillsbury Bake-Off’
- 2008- Appeared as himself in comedy-drama film ‘The Bucket List’
- 2010- Starred as himself on the episode called ‘False Positive’ of CBS sitcom ‘How I Met Your Mother’
- 2017- Appeared as the host and executive producer of the show called ‘Game Changer’
Salary and Net Worth 2018
Alex Trebek’s estimated net worth is $50 million whereas details on his salary remain unknown. He started earning his net worth from acting venture, guest appearance on hit TV shows, ads revenue and foremost as the host of ‘Jeopardy!’.
Alex has achieved a milestone in his career by dedicating so many years as the presenter of ‘Jeopardy!’. More than 3 decades later, the show is still a household favorite!
- Net Worth: $50 million
- Salary: N/A