Alan Alda is a globally celebrated American actor, director, screenwriter, comedian, and author. Alan Alda whose notable Hollywood work credit includes big hits like ‘M*A*S*H’, and ‘Scientific American Frontiers’ has altogether won six Emmy Award and a Golden Globe Award.
- Birthday: January 28, 1936 (Age 82)
- Ethnicity: Italian, Irish
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Actor, director, screenwriter, comedian, author
Alan Alda Wife – Arlene Alda, Children
Alan Alda has been married to his college sweetheart, Arlene Weiss for almost 62 years now and has three children with.
This couple has been together since their first meet at the mutual friends’ party while studying at the Fordham College.
Born in New York City, Alan originally Alphonso Joseph D’Abruzzo is the son of actor-singer, Robert Alda and homemaker, Joan Browne.
His dad, Robert of Italian lineage was a performer in burlesque theatres and therefore Alan along with his entire family had to travel across the United States to support his career.
- Parents: Robert Alda and Joan Browne
- Wife: Arlene Alda
- Children: 3 (Beatrice, Elizabeth, and Eve Alda)
- Marital Status: Married
At the tender age of 7, Alan countered polio following which his parents went for a sore treatment to cure the disease introduced by Australian nurse Elizabeth Kenny.
After combating an infectious disease like Polio in young age, he attended Archbishop Stepinac High School while growing up in White Plains, New York.
Following the graduation, he joined Bronx-based Fordham University’s Fordham College from where graduated with Bachelor of Arts degree in English. During his enrollment at the university, Alan was a student representative of college radio FM station, WFUV.
Aiming to forge the career path in acting, he traveled all the way to Paris to study acting during junior year of college. While residing in France, he performed at a play in Rome, as well as accompanied his father on television in Amsterdam.
Alan who was a member of the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps while in college worked a year at Fort Benning and a half a year in United States Army Reserve in Korea.
Alan Alda Age – Height and Weight
Standing at a soaring height of 6 feet 2 inches, Alan Alda has quite a sharp personality and scintillating appearance which is a delight to watch.
The 82-years-old actor still brings out the exact same charisma and magnetism on the screen that he did when appeared as Hawkeye Pierce in the war series ‘MASH’.
Just like a fine wine, Alan is getting better with time.
The 82-years-old who has forever been in the big screen since 1958 seems to have defied time with his juvenile visage and charm that’s startling for anyone who takes a peek of him.
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches (188 cm)
- Body Measurements: N/A
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: 81 kg (178 lbs)
The 80s heartthrob, he literally ruled over the heart of millions of the audience globally with his natural charm and smoldering gray eyes.
During his time in the industry, Alan was the most stylish and fashionable star than any other co-actors and celebs in the Hollywood.
Be it casual wear or the trademark custom designed sleek suit, he did make sure to ooze glamour and physical sex appeal. Still handsome and chic, his suave appearance, smart persona, and creativity are still invincible.
Even after all these years, the actor still has kept ownself fit enough to compete with the stars of his generation. While Alan mostly avoids media attention and limelight, he, however, participate every other Hollywood events and Award shows until this time. He mostly spends his time with family, wife and close friends.
Alan Alda Movies and TV shows
One of the prominent Hollywood actors ever in the industry, Alan has appeared in dozens of movies and TV series including popular TV series ‘MASH’ and Academy-winning biographical drama film ‘The Aviator’.
Following his incredible acting prowess and implausible performance in TV series and movies like ‘The West Wing’, ’30 Rock’ and ‘Crimes and Misdemeanors’, he has received six Emmy Award, and a Golden Globe Award’.
- Alan formally embarked in the acting career in 1950 by performing a improve and comedy acts as a member of cabaret revue ‘Compass Players’
- Having received a grant from Ford Foundation, he studied acting at the Cleveland Play House and went to feature in productions such as ‘To Dorothy A Son’ and ‘Monique’
- During early career, he starred in Broadway musical ‘The Apple Tree’ ‘The Extraordinary Seaman’ and television rendition of ‘That Was The Week That Was’
- 1972: The breakout role of Hawkeye Pierce in the television adaption of satirical black comedy film ‘MASH’ was the one which garnered Alan both commercial and critical success as his performance in the series won him five Emmy out of 21 nominations
- Ever since ‘MASH’ emerged out as tremendously successful series, he became an ultimate choice of directors and producers leading him to have starring and guest starring roles in various TV series and Broadway shows including ‘ER’, ‘QED’, and ‘And the Band Played On’
- Directed by Alan himself, the 80s romantic comedy film ‘The Four Seasons’ was conceivably his most notable commercially successful venture
- 1993: Starred as Ted alongside Woody Allen and Diane Keaton in comedy murder mystery film ‘Manhattan Murder Mystery’
- Over the years, he appeared in numerous blockbuster moves that include ‘Flirting with Disaster’, ‘The Aviator’ alongside Leonardo DiCaprio and ‘What Women Want’
- Other work credits of Alan besides TV series and movies include being the host of PBS show ‘Scientific American Frontiers’ and ‘Free to Be…You and Me’
Alan Alda Net Worth and Salary – What is the Net Worth of Alan Alda?
Alan Alda Net Worth: Alan Alda is an American actor, director, and writer who has a net worth of $40 million.
Having relentlessly served the Hollywood industry for past 60 years, it can be witnessed that Alan’s hardships and commitment towards the work have certainly paid off to him.
Alan who began performing a diverse range of acts and style routine along with his dad has really come a far way since then. Amidst dozens of movies, he has won six Primetime Emmy Awards and an Academy nomination for The Aviator.
- Net Worth: $40 million
- Salary: N/A