Ahmad Rashad is an American television personality and retired athlete. Ahmad Rashad, a former football player who has the 4th overall selection of the 1972 NFL Draft, has today made a career out from his professional playing, and is best recognized as the sportscaster for NBC Sports.
- Birthday: November 19, 1949 (age 68)
- Ethnicity: Afro-American
- Nationality: American
- Profession: Sportscaster and former professional footballer
Ahmad Rashad Wife – Ana Luz Rodriguez-Paz and Kids
Ahmad Rashad has been married 5 times with four subsequent divorces. Currently residing with his fifth wife, Ana Luz Rodriguez-Paz, he has altogether six children from his marriages and relationships.
Ahmad Rashad married for the first time with Deidre Water in 1962 with Deidre Water and welcomed a daughter named Keva in 1970. He also has a baby boy named Sean born in 1970.
He remarried in 1976, making a beauty named Matlida Johnson his second wife. Then-couple went on to have two children, a girl Maiyisha (1976) and boy Ahmad Jr in 1978. However, the two divorced a year after in 1979.
In 1985, Ahmad remarried ‘Cosby Show’ famed actress Phylicia Ayers-Allen, marking the third marriage for both of them. Out of this union, he had has a daughter, Condola Phylea Rashad. However, the couple divorced after sixteen years of marriage in 2001.
He then remained married to his fourth wife, Sale Johnson from 2007 till 2013. He gained three stepchildren from this marriage; all girls named Casey Johnson, Daisy Johnson, and Jamie Johnson.
His current and fifth wife is South Florida’s psychologist Ana Luz Rodriguez-Paz with whom he tired the wedding knot in 2016.
- Parents: O.C. Moore and Condola Moore
- Wife: Ana Luz Rodriguez-Paz (2016-present), Sale Johnson (2007-2013), Phylicia Ayer-Allen (1985-2001)
- Children: 6
- Marital Status: Married
Portland, Oregon-native, he grew up in Tacoma, Washington, playing football in high school there. Future football star Ahmad is a graduate of the Mount Tahoma High School.
Later, he attended the University of Oregon on an athletic scholarship. There, he majored in elementary education and played for the Ducks under head coach Jerry Frei.
Born Robert Earl Moore, he later changed his name to Ahmad Rashad after converted from Pentecostalism to Islam in 1972.
Ahmad Rashad Age – Height and Body Measurements
Ahmad Rashad is a former athlete with the buff muscle to boot. With 6’2’’ height and recorded 205lbs body weight, he has to be amongst the deliciously hunky celebrity at 68 of age.
Former footballer Ahmad makes a major impact when it comes to fitness and has been maintaining his honed body & physical growth with frequent gym session, regardless of his growing age.
- Height: 6 feet 2 in (188cm)
- Body Measurements: N/A
- Plastic Surgery: N/A
- Weight: 93 kg (205 pounds)
With those bulging bicep, chiseled chest and overall heavier appearance, he is proving that ‘age is just a number’. Half-American Half-African retired footballer Ahmad was a prime heartthrob during his career highlight.
Ahmad might have retired from football but he still makes us got a bit weak at the knees, especially when he gives the public appearance. This black-eyed sportscaster lives a very active and healthy lifestyle.
Ahmad Rashad Professional Career
Ahmad Rashad is a well-known retired NFL footballer who had played for leading clubs during his active years. Now, a television broadcaster, he is using his extensive knowledge in sports to crave a career as a sportscaster.
- 1969- As a sophomore at Oregon, he played wingback & wide receiver & made the all-conference team
- 1971- Moving back to his roots, he became the college football All-American
- (1972-1973)- Chosen as the fourth player in the NFL Draft, he played for the St. Louis Cardinals
- (1973-1974)- After being traded to the Buffalo Bills, he played for a season but missed the 1975 season due to his knee injury
- (1976-1982)- He enjoyed a flourishing football career with NFL’s Minnesota Vikings
- 1988- He pinches hit for game show host Robb Weller on the weekend session of ‘Entertainment Tonight’ formerly known as Entertainment This Week
- 2000- Covered the MLB, NBA & NFL as studio anchor before hosting the video-clip show called ‘Read TV’
- 2007- Got named to the College Football Hall of Fame that May
- (2012-present)- Has been narrating the yearly highlight for NBA
Ahmad Rashad Net Worth and Salary
Ahmad Rashad net worth: Ahmad Rashad is an American sportscaster and retired professional football player who has a net worth of $8 million.
He has collected that fortune through his professional playing with Buffalo Bills, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Cardinals and Seattle Seahawks, as well as from his later career as a sportscaster for ABC and NBC.
- Net Worth: $8 million
- Salary: N/A