1. Tourist Attractions In Switzerland
Switzerland has uncountable wonder in its lap. From beautiful nature to modern architecture, the nation has successfully managed to preserve its original beauty. If you are willing to visit Switzerland, make sure you don't miss out any of the following attractions.
- List of popular points of interest and landmarks to visit are Abbey Library, Rathaus, Valle Verzasca, Hauptbahnhof, Tinguely-Brunnen, Jardin Botanique-Villa Le Chene, Clock Tower, Old Town Chur, and many others.
- Best places in Switzerland are Bern, Lake Geneva, Zurich, Basel, Interlaken, St. Moritz, Lake Lucerne, Davos, Montreux, St.Gallen, and some others.
- Some of the most breathtaking sites in Switzerland are Lucerne, Lake Oeschinen, The Jungfrau Region, Appenzell, Chateau de Chillon, The Matterhorn, The Ruiaulta, and some others.
- You can also explore incredibly beautiful government and architectural buildings like Lucerne Concert Hall at KKL Luzern, Cathedrale de St-Pierre, Cathedrale De, Federal Building, UNOG – Palais des Nations, Church of our Lady, and others.
- If you want to see some lighthouse there are Romanshorn Shoal Lighthouse, Les Paquis Lighthouse, Morges Jetee du Noord Lighthouse, Morges Jetee du Sud Lighthouse, Rorschach Lighthouse, and Geneve Jetee du Sub Lighthouse.
- Lake Geneva, Lake Constance, Lake Neuchatel, Lake Thun, Lake Zurich, Lake Lucerne, Lake Lugano, Lake Hallwil, Lake Zug, Sihlsee, Lake Morat, and some others are most visited lakes in Switzerland.
2. Sacred Religious Sites in Switzerland
From ancient holy churches to modern engineered cathedrals, Switzerland is the home of several sacred sites. You can see many monuments in this place which carries higher historical significance.
- Famous Church and Cathedrals in Switzerland you can visit around the countries include The Cathedral of Bern, Fribourg Cathedral, Lausanne Cathedral, Fribourg Cathedral, Lugano Cathedral, Basel Minister, Basilique Notre-Dame de Geneve, and others.
- There are several historical monuments which are worth-watching like Lion Monument, Reformation Wall, Paxmal, Lion Monument, Brunswick, Chillon Castle, Bubenbreg Monument, Murten Castle and some more.
- If you love to follow your passion of watching Statues in Switzerland, try to visit: Dying Lion of Lucerne Monument, Freddie Mercury Memorial, Charlie Chaplin Statue, Wilhelm Tell Monument, Monument to Sisi, Moseburnnen, and various others are famous.
- Some best scenic walking areas around the Swiss territory include Hinterdorfstrasse, Lakeside Promenade Fleuri, Muhlenplatz, Marktplatz, and others.
3. Museums in Switzerland
We all know, Museums carries a significant role in the development of tourism inside the country. It provides the visitor with a warn knowledge of culture, traditions, history and other several segments of the society.
And more interestingly, if you are with your children, Museums will add value to your tour broadening their mind. Planning to visit Switzerland? Don’t miss out these amazing place.
- Specialty Museums to visit: Swiss Museum of Transport, Basel Paper Mill Museum, Fondation Pierre Gianadda, Ballenbreg-Swiss Open-Air Museum, Queen Studio Experience, Patek Philippe Museum, FIFA World Museum, International Red Cross and Red Crescent and many more.
- Historic Museums that can be explored are Glacier Garden, Swiss National Museum, Museum of Art and History, Bourbaki Panorama, Einstein House, Richard Wagner Museum, Museum Aargau-Wildegg Castle, Musee d'Historie des sciences, Museum Kloster Sankt Georgen, Napoleonmuseum Thurgau, Museo Nazionale del San Gottardo, and some others.
- Science Museums enthusiast can visit CERN Univers de particules, Fossil Museum of the Monte San Giorgio, Museum of Zoology – Lausanne, Urania Observatory, Museum of Ethnology, and several others.
- Apart from this, you can also visit the popular museum in Switzerland like Chaplin's World, Swiss Children Museum, Museum of Zoology and Espace des Inventions.
4. Shopping and Fashion
Well, you might have heard about the extraordinary Swiss products. So, if you really want to own these products, you must book your tickets to Switzerland. The place is renowned as one of the best shopping destination in the World. You can find many shopping malls, plazas, street markets, departmental stores where you can quench your shopping thirst.
- Best shopping malls on the list: Mall of Switzerland, Landquart Fashion Outlet, FoxTown Outlet, Hauptbahnhof, Central Railroad Station, Centre Commercial de Balextert, Manor, Einkaufszentrum Glatt, and others.
- Value worth street markets for shopping: Rosenhof Market, Plainpalais Flea Market, Kanzlei Flomarkt, Mercato di Monterux, and many more.
- To list some departmental stores: Centre Commerical de Balexert, Bucherer, Fribourg Centre, GLOBUS, MANOR Zurich and some others.
- Specialty and gifts shops: Confiserie Sprungli, Ski Service, Tristan Carbonatto Chocolaterie, Beyer Clock and Watch Museum, Laderach Chocolaterie Suisse, and others.
- You can also visit factory outlets Fashion Fish Premium Factory Outlet, Adidas Outlet Store Cham, Victorinox, Outlet Aubonne, and more.
5. Food and Drink - Best Dining Restaurants in Switzerland
Switzerland offers a mouthwatering dishes and is the home of popular food varieties such as Rosti, Cheese Fondue, lake Fish fried fillet and most importantly “Swiss Chocolate”.
Swiss food is the perfect blend of Italian, French and German cuisine. Hence, food and drink in Switzerland is flavorful and has an ability to compete with other international dishes.
Unlike food, Swiss are very rich in terms of drinks and liquor. Swiss white wine and beer are well renowned throughout the European continent. Moreover, if you are excited enough to try something local, you can taste Kirsch (A national drink prepared through Juice of Cheery pits).
Moreover, Switzerland has many top restaurants and dining venue that provides a customer with the unique dining experience. I have listed some of the places where you can visit when you are on your trip to Zurich or Swiss Alps.
- For perfect food and drink tour, you can visit several places Corniche Lavaux Vineyards, Switzerland Explorer, Swiss Riviera Wine Tours, Funky Chocolate Club Switzerland, and many more.
- Top Restaurants and Bar in Switzerland: La Fonte, Haus Zum Rueden, Differente Hotel Krone Unterstrass, Tamarind Hill Indian Restaurant, Kindli, Didi's Frieden, My Kitchen, and others.
- Typical or Local Swiss Cuisine you must taste Rosti, Zurcher Geschnetzeltes, Nusstorte, Swiss fondue, Alplermagronen, Basler Leckerli, and Raclette.
- Some good brewery store you can list Brauerei Baar, Unser Bier, Heineken, Rugenbrau, Bier Factory, Altes Tramdepot, Barbiere, and some others.
6. Best Budget Hotels and Accommodation In Switzerland
Switzerland has the best hotels, recommended by traveler around the world. Either it is star hotel, budget hotel, boutique hotels or any kinds of cheap accommodation service, they are all well professional because of their Swiss hospitality. Every service is mind-blowing which are given at its best.
Here are some heavenly hotels and accommodations to share during your visit.
- Top reviewed hotels in Switzerland by Telegraph to list are Waldhotel Fletschhorn, The Omnia, Boutique, W Verbier, Landhotel Golf & Salzano SPA Hotel, ERMITAGE Wellness & Spa Hotel, Carlton Hotel St. Mortiz, Chesa Sails, Nomad, Hotel Bellerive, and some others.
- Best Budget Hotels in Switzerland includes Hotel ibis budget Zurich City West, Hotel Montana Zurich, Alpenlodge, Hotel Alexander, Hotel des Apes, Leoneck Swiss Hotel, Sorell Hotel Rex, Hotel Alpha, and Hotel Nolda.
7. Cruises, Sailing and Water Tours In Switzerland
Nestling in the heart of Europe, Switzerland is a landlocked country. Being landlocked or untouched with seas or ocean doesn’t mean that you can't have fun relating to water.
With almost 7000 lakes in its arms, this country will give you the most remarkable boat tour, surfing, windsurfing, kite surfing, scuba diving and various water experiences.
- Boat Tours in Switzerland will be the next best experience which can be done through Jet Boat Interlaken, Lake Lucerne Schifffahrtsgesellschaft, Zugersee Schiffahrt, Lucerne Bay, and Basler Personenschifffahrt.
- Surfing, Windsurfing, and Kitesurfing lie in the wishlist of people visiting Switzerland.
- For Scuba and Snorkeling in Switzerland, there are Peakdrivers and Go-Diving at its best.
- Ski & snow tour in Switzerland is one of the best activity to participate. Some areas are Mount Titlis, First, Zermatt-Mattherhorn Ski Paradise, Glacier 3000, Stoked Ski and Snowboard School, Saas Fee Ski Resort, Arosa Ski Resort, Jungfrau, Crans-Montana, Parsenn Skigebiet, and some more.
8. Day trip and Excursions In Switzerland
You can even organize some day trip and go to tours, trek, bike tours and even visit some wilder place. Exploring every corner of the city will also be the best trip as you won't get enough of the beauty of this place for sure.
- For nature and wildlife tours Switzerland Explorer, Grimselwelt, Maison de la Foret, Erwin Tours of Switzerland are some of the best one.
- Some tours and sightseeing can also be done with Chamomix and Mont Blanc day trip from Geneva, Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Day Trip from Lucerne, Best of Switzerland Tours, CERN Univers de particules, Zurich Tourist Information, and more.
- And for city tour Free Walk Geneva, Free Walk Zurich, Sightseeing Interlaken, Toptrek Touren, Free Walk Lucerne, Switzerland Explorer, Wengen Day Trips, Stanserhorn-Bahn, and Lavaux Express.
- If you want some bike tour Toptrek Touren Carns-Montana, ECHO Trails, Flying Wheels Electric Bike Tours, Alpine Roots, and Saas-Fee Guides.
9. Nature and Parks in Switzerland
Switzerland is one of the richest country in the world in terms of natural resources. The national parks, gardens, conserved areas, and other areas are so well preserved which will give you jaw-dropping magical feeling. As per some travel experts, a trip to Switzerland will definitely bring a nice memento to your life.
- National Parks in Switzerland includes Val Grande National Park, Swiss National Park, Saxon Switzerland National Park, and Bohemian Switzerland.
- Some beautiful gardens to spend quality time are Rose Garden, Parco San Grato, Schadau Park, Botanical Garden Alpinum Schatzalp, Merian Gardens, Isole di Brissago, and other few.
- Waterfalls that are worth seeing includes Lauterbrunnen Valley Waterfalls, Staubbach Fall, Reichenbach Falls, Giessbach Waterfall, Trummelbach Falls, Rhine Falls, Waterfall of Foroglio, and Simmenfalle.
- For nature and wildlife area exploration Creux du Van, Jungfrau, Corniche Lavaux Vineyards, Papiliorama, Lavaux Vineyard Terraces, and several.
10. Fun and Games - Switzerland
Okay, we do understand the willingness to discover more and more wonders in the nature of Switzerland won’t let you go. However, having quality time playing games would not hurt, right? I m just suggesting you, spare some time to involve yourself in some sporting activities during your trip.
- Some of the professional sports you can enjoy are Figure skating, Marathon, Sailing, Tennis, Skiing, Triathlon, and Orienteering Hike.
- Golf Courses in Switzerland like Golf Club Crans-sur-Sierre, Golf Club du Domaine Imperial, Golf Club Matterhorn, Golfclub Engelberg-Titlis, Golf Rastenmoos, Sierre Golf Club, Golf Grindelwald, Golf Country Club Neuchatel and other are highly rated.
- Top amusement parks in Swiss cities include Happyland, Park im Gruene, Conny-Land, Swiss Vapeur Parc, Awuaparc, Aplamare, and Jungfrau Park.
- Stadiums that are worth seeing in Switzerland are Stade de Geneve, Stadio Lido, Stadion Brugglifield, Stadion Gurzelen, Cornaredo Stadium, Stockhorn Arena, Swissporarena, Kybunpark, Stade Olympique de la Pontaise, and many more.
- Some of the annual sporting events that you may get to see are Geneva Open, Tour du Lac, Powerman Zofingen, Geneva Marathon, Greifenseelauf, Tour de Suisse, and Tour de Romandie.
11. Casinos and Gambling in Switzerland
Well, you may have heard many things about those casinos about Las Vegas or Las Angeles or any other cities. Those same royalties also can be found in Swiss casinos. If you are not in a mood to leave casino, you should carry a sack full of money in order to have the best time.
- For luxurious gambling casinos in Switzerland are royal in style. There are very beautiful and attractive, well to include some there are Grand Casino Luzern, Grand Casino Baden, Casino Barriere Montreux, Casino St. Moritz, Casino Davos, Casino Di Lugano and Swiss Casinos Zurich.
12. Concert, Events and Shows
Having fun in a foreign place without the native music taste is not fun. Right? So hurry up and make a pocket -full list of the live music venues, jazz clubs and other shows to go. You can also be looking many other non-musical shows for good time utilization.
- Some live music venues in Switzerland are Volkshaus, Moods, Papiersaal, Maag Halle, Exil, Kaufleuten, Hallenstadion, and others.
- Jazz Club with good music if all that you want there are gambrinus jazz plus, Bird's Eye Jazz Club, Moods im Schiffbau, Widder Bar, Yellow Door Bar, Mehrspur, and Jazz Baragge.
13. Night life in Switzerland
Like any other area for tourist, this place also has the perfect nightlife you cannot resist experiencing. With some sassy to classic to modern music, every clubs in Switzerland have its own uniqueness.
- For some perfect nightlife in Switzerland, the best bar and clubs in Town are MAD Club, Hive, Papperla Pub, Java Pub, The Baroque Club, Nordstern, Farm Club, Kaufleuten, and red lips Cabaret Bar.
- Pubs also provides the best service during the late hours somewhere you can stop-by are Paddy Reilly's Charly O'Neills Irish Pub, Shamrock Irish Pub, Pub Crawl Zurich, Oliver Twist Pub Zurich, Flanagan's Irish Pub, and other few.
- Jazz Bars in town are Mehrspur, Kammgarn, La Spirale, Bird's Eye Jazz Club, gambrinus jazz plus, Marians Jazzroom, Widder Bar & Kitchen, Moods, RENEE and bee-flat in PROGR.
- Karaoke Bars include Toro Bar, Le Declic Bar, Artist's Pub Sarl, Cowboys Bar & Restaurant Bern, Acapulco, Mayfair House, Las Vegas Thai Karaoke, Old Gregory Pub, Jame's Pub and Karaoke Bar.
- If you are willing to have some rock and roll in the dance floor you can go to Nightclub Mazazique, Hive, Vegas Dance Club, Java Club, Le petit prince, The Baroque Club, Hiltl Club and more.
14. Transportation in Switzerland
Travelling in public transport is not quite relaxing but in this country, it is just the reverse. The taxies, buses, ferries, and trains will provide you unwinding time while your travel in Switzerland.
- For taxies and shuttle service in Switzerland, you have agencies like CHECK-IN all-ways, UBS Polybahn, Swiss Airport Transfer, Sihltal Zurich Uetliberg Bahn, Zurich Transfer, Swiss-Taxi.com, Geneva Shuttle, and more.
- Buses are another means of transportation that gives you comfort in traveling. The fare is quite reasonable if you want to save money.
- Trains that give you services are EC Iris, CNL Orin, AB-Klassiker, CNL Komet, CNL Apus, EC Borromeo, CNL, Aurora and many others.
- CGN, CGN (Geneva), Agerisee Schiffahrt, Schifffahrtsgesellschaft Untersee und Rhein and some others are ferries to travel in Switzerland.
15. Outdoor Activities in Switzerland
From hiking to zip lines and a road trip to Excursions, every outdoor activity is fun to do. Not only just fun, you will see the unbelievable nature dwelling in the nature of Switzerland. Here are some of the irresistible activities you cannot say no.
- Most exciting hiking you can have are in different places like Nendaz-The historical water route, Soubey – The Swiss Water Trail, Grindelwald – Eiger Trail: The Swiss Alpine Experience Trail, Gryeres – Jaunbach gorge, Bergun – Albula Railway Adventure Trail, Appenzellerland – Appenzell Alpine Trail: The Swiss Flower Route and some others.
- Ski and Snow Tours in Switzerland can be done through Zermatt Beginner Ski Experience, Snowshoe and Sled Adventure in the Swiss Alps from Interlaken, Beginners Ski Day Trip to Jungfrau Ski Region from Lucerne and many more.
- If you love more adventure zip lines is the next thing to do here where to go Outdoor Interlaken, First Flieger, First, Seilparl Interlaken/Adventure Park Interlaken, Rhine Falls, First Cliff Walk by Tissot and Monte Tamaro SA.
- For Balloon Tours Ballons du Leman, Balloon Team SA, Ballonteam Stefan Zeberli, Outdoor Interlaken, Balloon Air AG are some good one.
- The must-go road trips are to Grachen, Gornergrat, Brig, Simplon Dorf, St, Niklaus, and Zermatt.
Switzerland has preserved several thousands of animals like the mother nature has preserved us. Heading to zoo will be the nice idea to enhance your trip.
- For some best Switzerland zoo experience, you can visit Basel Zoo, Walter Zoo, La Garenne, Natur-und Tierpark Goldau, Servion Zoo, Zurich Wilderness Park, Wildlife Park Peter and Paul, Plattli Zoo, Zoo du Bois du Petit-chateau, Lange Erlen Zoo and Toni's Zoo.
17. Spa and Wellness
Promising the most relaxing time several spas and wellness centers are near in every place for you. It will take some few minutes for you to get rid of your fatigue.
- Best Spa and Wellness Center in Switzerland lists are Hauser Hotel St. Moritz, Panaramo Resort & Spa, rocksresort, Linder Grand Hotel Beau Rivage, Hotel Schweizerhif Gourmet & Spa, and Ferienart Resort & Spa.
- Health Clubs and Gym to name few are Holmes Place Zuric City Jelmoli, Indigo Fitness Switzerland AG, Holmes Place Crowne Plaza, CrossFit GVA, Luxor Fitness, Silhouette Nordbrucke, and some others.
- Yoga Centers for relaxation are Innercityyoga Urban Yoga Center, SWISS Pilates &Yoga Fit for Life and many others.
18. Culture and Festivals of Switzerland
Switzerland is rich in culture and festival. There are several street parades and fair held which deeply reflects the Swiss culture. This is a very good chance to get self-engross with the native people and learn more.
- Music Festivals like Street Parade, Blue Balls Festival, Paleo Festival, Gurtenfestival, OpenAir St. Gallen, OpenAir Frauenfeld, Zurich Openair, Caribana Festival, Rock Oz' Arenes, and other are best one.
- Best Switzerland's Festivals include International Balloon Festival, Basel Fasnacht, Interlaken Classic Music Festival, White Turf – St. Moritz, Lucerne Festival, Fete de la Musique, Lugano Festival Jazz and some more.
19. Performing Arts and Photography
Besides visiting different restaurants and bars the art theaters and galleries in this nation is also a great option to make your trip memorable. You will get the chance to see the incredibly talented artist thrived with creativity that inspires everyone.
- Some incredibly artistic theaters to have a good time are Victoria Hall, TonHalle Gesellschaft, Grand Theatre de Geneve, Musical Theater Basel, Batiment des Forces Motrices, Lausanne Opera, to name some few.
- To name some of the best art galleries in Switzerland are Zentrum Paul Klee, Musee de l'Elysee, Art Basel, Mamco – Musee d'Art Moderne et Contemparain, and Kunstmuseum Bern.
20. Exotic Dating and Honeymoon in Switzerland
There is no any place as romantic as Switzerland. Everything is dreamy from the romantic mountain to fine dining and luxurious Spas. You and your partner will have a great time here.
- Most romantic spots in Switzerland that will enhance your love are Gruyeres, Lake Laucerne, Binntal, Rosenlaui Valley, Goms Valley, Lake Geneva, Soglio – Val Bregaglia, Mount Rigi, and Lauterbrunnen Valley.
- Few world famous hotspots for some romantic twist in Switzerland are Montreux, Bern, St. Moritz, Geneva, and Lucerne. We guess nothing can beat their romanticness.
- For romantic dinner, there are Izumi, Intensus, Le Chat-Botte, Living Room Bar & Kitchen, Cantine des Commercants, Hermitage, Resturants Balances, Casa Novo Restaurante & Vinoteca, Kornhauskeller, Restaurant The Verandah, La Terrasse, and Mesa are most rated.