1. Best Tourist Attraction in Rome
Rome is an ancient city with well-renowned architecture, parks, landmarks, monuments & churches. Here are our picks for the top 10 must-visit attractions around the Rome.
Rome is one of the most beautiful ancient cites in the world. It has encompassed several palaces, museums, historical monuments, and many things that can hardly be found anywhere else then Rome.
- Free things to do: Watch the Spanish Steps, Hang out in Piazza Navona, observe the Bocca Della Verita, see the St. Peter's Basilica, explore Villa Borghese, make a wish dropping coins in the Trevi Fountain, and many more.
- Points of Interest and Landmarks: Vatican Museums, St, Peter's Basilica, Colosseum, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Villa Borghese, Centro Storico, ALtare Della Patria, Piazza del Campidoglio, and Piazza di Trevi.
- Neighborhood Places: Trastevere, Campo de' Fiori, Ghetto Ebracio, Testaccio, Rione Monti, Quartiere Coppede, Ostiense, Quartiere San Lorenzo, Rione Ponte, Rione San Saba, and Borgo.
- Architectural Buildings: Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini, Palazzo Doria Pamphilj, Palazzo Barberini, Piazza di Spagna, National Museum of Palazzo Venezia, and VillaTorlonia.
- Coastal Areas near Rome: S. Severa, S. Marinella, Nettuno/Anzio, S. Felice Circeo, Sperlonga, Terracina, Sabaudia, Fregene, and Ostia/Cancelli,
- Water Fountains: Trevi Fountain, Fountain of the Naiads, Fontana del Mascherone, Fontana del Facchino, Fountains of the Frogs, Fontana del Moro, Fontana della Barcaccia, Fontana delle Anfore, and Triton Fountain.
2. Best Spiritual Places in Rome
Magnificent ancient temples, churches, mosques resemble the true spiritual beauty of Rome. Best Picks on religious and sacred sites are "The Basilica of San Clemente, Pyramid of Cestius, Santa Maria della Concezione".
Every sacred site you will find in Rome will make your heart skip a beat. Visiting these listed churches, monuments, statues, and walking areas have jaw-dropping beauty. Here are the most popular sites to visit:
- Church and Cathedrals: Santa Cecilia, San Giovanni, The Basilica of San Clemente, Santa Maria Sopra Minerva, San Lorenzo Fuori le Mura, Santa Maria, The Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, The Pantheon, and Basilica di Sant'Agostino.
- Monuments: Colosseum, Spanish Steps, Circus Maximus, The Markets of Trajan, Pantheon, Pyramid of Cestius, Catacombs, Largo di Torre Argentina, The Baths of Caracalla, Augustae Ars Pacis, and Augustus' Mausoleum.
- Statues: Arco di Costantino, Monumento a Vittorio Emanuele, Estasi di Santa Teresa, Fontana del Tritone, Colonna Traiana, Arco di Tito, Bocca della Vertia, Colonna di Marco Aurelio, Acro di Settimio Severo, Obelisco del Foro Italico, and L'Elefantino di Berini.
- Historic Walking Areas: Piazza Venezia, Piazza di Spagna, Colle Aventino, Piazza del Campidogilo, Piazza Navona, Centro Storico, Roma dal Cielo Terrazza delle Quadrighe, Ghetto Ebraico, Colle Capitolino, and Via dei Coronari.
3. Best Museums in Rome
Rome features some of the best museums and art galleries around the world. The museums have carried the unique elements from ancient sculpture to modern art.
This city is the home to several museums. Every museum here in Rome has its own specialty. They contain valuable works for arts and science which are shared by the expertise of the particular field. Here goes the list:
- Specialty Museums: Museo Leonardo da Vinci, Casina delle Civette, Stefano Rome Day Tours, Museo Napoleonico, Museo dell'Ara Pacis, Museo Nazionale Romano – Palazzo Massimo alle Terme, Palazzo Colonna – Galleria Colonna, Complesso del Vittoriano, Museo Ebraico di Roma, and Museo di Roma.
- Historic Museums: Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini, Musei Capitolini, Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia, Mercati di Traiano – Museo dei Fori Imperiali, Museum and Crypt of Capuchins, Museo Nazionale Romano – Terme di Diocleziano, and National Museum of Palazzo Venezia.
- Science Museums: Museo di Geologia, Mostra di Leonardo Da Vinci, Museo Anatomico E. Morelli, Museo di Storia della Medicina, Museo di Antropologia 'G. Sergi', and Museo di Chimica 'Primo Levi'.
5. Best Restaurants and Bars In Rome
Rome is notably the world’s best food city with great options for pizza and pasta lovers. If you are confused where to eat in Rome, u can follow this list of restaurants and eat junctions.
The Roman cuisine from the city of Rome features several ingredients which just melt in your mouth. Apart from the Italian pizza, there are lots more to try when you are in Rome.
- Restaurants: Litro, Armando al Pantheon, Flavio al Valavevodetto, Mordi e Vai, Osteria Bonelli, Pro Locl DOL, Pane e Salame, Baguetteria del Fico, Two sizes, E.G.G, and others.
- Bar: Bar del Fico, L'Oasi della Birra, Cavour313, Enoteca Provincia Romana, Stravinskij Bar, Antica Vineria, Bar San Calisto, Cul de Sac, Enoteca Carso, Bar Necci, and Bar del Fico.
- Cruise Party and Dinner: Rome Tiber River Cruise with Aperitivo, Rome Hop-On-Hop-Off River Cruise, Romantic Venice in One Day by High Speed including Gondola Ride, Ponza Island Day Trip from Rome, Rome Tiber River Night Cruise with Dinner, and Venice City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Tour.
- Breweries: Open Baladin, Bir & Fud, Baguetteria Del Fico, Hopside, The Public House, Sto bene, Roma Beer Company – Ponte Milvio, Johnny's Off License, Nel Buco del Mulo, My-Ale, and Beerland.
- Wineries and Vineyards: Negozio Eno Gastronomico DOL, Off the Vine with Marco Lori, Enoteca Trucchi, Enoteca Costantini, Da Biagio, Enoteca Berebene, and Vineria Neri.
6. Best Hotels In Rome
Are you having a hard time to choose the best hotels in Rome? Get updated with the best luxury and budget hotel accommodation in Rome.
There are highly rated hotels that provide best accommodation service during your stay. You can make your own choice whether to stay in luxurious hotels or budget hotels. Here, some of are listed for you:
- Luxury Star Hotels: Hotel De Russie, Hotel Lord Byron, Hotel Indigo Rome – St. George, D.O.M Hotel, Hotel Eden, Rome Cavalieri, Palazzo Manfredi, J.K. Place Roma, and Hassler Roma.
- Budget Hotels: Hotek de Monti, The Beehive Hotel & Hostel, Hotel Felice Rome, Hotel Carmel Roma, Hotel Italia, B&B Hotel Roma Trastevere, Downtown Accommodation, Hotel Des Artistes, Hotel Papa Germano, and Hotel Hiberia Rome.
7. Best Sailing, Cruises and Water Tours in Rome
Rome provides full-on adventure, water games and activities to enhance your trip memories. Visit the beautiful coastal areas in Rome and its nearby island.
When you don’t feel like dealing with the crowd of the street in Rome you can have fun sailing. Spending your time playing with water is the next best thing to do. You can see for boat tours, fishing, or swimming because dripping is so much exciting here.
- Boat Tours and Watersports: Ancora Tours Day Tours, Top One Diving Club, Diving Line ASD, Rome Eco Cruise, Sporting Club Ostiense, Cruise Excursions Italy, and Big Blue Divers Rome.
- Scuba and Snorkeling: Diving Line ASD, Big Blue Divers Rome, Naustrip, Scuba Training Academy Roma, Scubadolphin Rome & Roseto, and many others.
8. Best Day Trips & Excursion Tours in Rome
Take an excursion or day trip to escape the hustle and bustle of the city Rome. A day trip to Capri or Tuscany is a good idea.
If you want to explore Rome in depth, only city tours are not enough. Nature and Wildlife also are equally beautiful in its own ways. You can even organize a trip to mountains or have a bike tour around every corner of the city.
- Nature and Wildlife Tours: Parco Natura e Fattoria Didattica Voloalto, Riserva Naturale della Marichliana, Oasi di Macchiagrande, Bioparco, Parco Urbano Pineta di Catel Fusano, and Riserva Naturale Valle dell'Aniene.
- City Tour: St. Peter's, Sistine Chapel, Ancient Rome, Colosseum, Vatican Museums, (Tour) Rome Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour, Full-Day Vatican and Colosseum Tour, and Before Hours Vatican Museums with Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's.
- Trekking: The Valcamonica, Cinque Tree, La Via Della Costa, Camini d'Italia, Vineland Paradise, Umbria, Vesuvius, and others.
- Bike tour: TopBike Rental & Tours, Roma Rent BIke, Wheely Bike Rental & Tour, Elebike Rome, The Red Bicycle Touring Organisation, Rent Scooter Roma, Biga Bike, Rolling Rome Tours & Rents, and Colosseum Motorcycle Center.
9. Best Parks and Nature Attractions in Rome
Rome has an unforgettable atmosphere and has the largest green space in comparison to other cities. This place is the perfect mix of nature, history, and culture.
Rome is the amazing blend of everything starting from arts, architectures, history, and natural resources. This city is widely gifted by nature, you can find several gardens, beaches, islands, waterfalls, and national parks which are carefully preserved. Some of them are:
- National Parks: Colle del Gianicolo.
- Beaches: Santa Marinella, Fregene, Ostia, Santa Severa, Anzio, Ladispoli, Sabaudia, and Sperlonga.
- Gardens: Monte Pinco, Roseto Comunale, Priorato dei Cavalieri di Malta, Palazzo Farnese, Pacro Tutti Insieme, Villa Doria Pamphilj, Giadrdino di Sant'Alessio, Villa Celimontana, and Orto Botanico di Roma.
- Islands: Isola dei Pescatori, Ischia, and Tiber Island.
- Waterfalls: Cascate del Serio, Cascata delle Marmore, Cascate di Lequarci, Cascate del Verde, Cascate del Mulino e del Gorello, Garnde Cascata di Villa Gregoriana, and Cascate dello Stroppia.
10. Best Fun Activities & Games in Rome
Rome is the home of famous professional football club Roma. Apart from football, Rome offers the widest range of sporting and fun related activities.
Games always bring fun whether you are a player or a viewer. In Rome, you go find several golf courses, sports arenas, and gaming centers. If your children are along, water & amusement parks also is a great idea.
- Golf Courses: Golf Club Fioranello, Golf Club Arco di Costantino, Parco di Roma Golf & Country Club, Olgiata Golf Club, Marco Sinmone Golf & Country Club, Archi di Claudio Golf Club, and others.
- Water & Amusement Parks: Oasi Park, Hydromania, Fantastico Mondo del Fantastico, Kursaal Village, Castrum Legionis, Luneur Park, Babylandia Park, Acquapiper, Tube Studio, and Cinecitta World.
- Sports Arena and Stadiums: Campo Testaccio, Stadio della Roma, Sadio Flamino, Stadio Nazionale PNF, and Stadio Olimpico.
- Gaming and Entertainment Centers: Matrix Paintball Flaminia, Paintball Sport City, Xcalibur LaserGame Roma, The Time Elevator Rome Experience, EurPark Adveture, Magic Escape Room, Game over Escape Rooms – Roma Trastevere, and Escape Room Resoulte.
11. Best Casino and Gambling Places in Rome
Looking for the best casino in Rome? Rome doesn’t have any casino being a capital city. "Casino de la Vallee" is the largest casino in Italy.
Having the most fabulous casinos in the city, Rome offers you several places for gambling. Casino de la Vallee is the city's largest casino with 95 table games and over 500 slot and video poker machines. Some of the others are listed below:
- Casinos: Trevi Fountain Hotels, St. Peter's Basilica Hotels, Villa Borghese Hotels, Castel Sant'Angelo Hotels, Pantheon Hotels, Spanish Steps Hotels, Olympic Stadium Hotels, and Piazzo Navona Hotels.
12. Best Concert and Shows in Rome
Rome has already welcomed Radiohead to U2, from Coldplay to Deep Purple and many more. Book your travel holiday to Rome for the best concerts in 2018.
Rome is the stopover for many great artists. You will have the greatest taste of live music and comedy shows in this Eternal City.
- Live music: Big Mama – Live Music & Bar, Gregory's Jazz Club, Auditorium Parco della Musica, Etabli, Pimm's Good, 'na cosetta, Balck Magic, Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia, Bestia Mora, and Rec23.
- Comedy Shows: The Punchline, Laughing Skull Lounge, Uptown Comedy Club, Dad's Garage Theatre, The Basement Theatre, The Village Theatre, Whole World Improv Theatre, Happy Hours Comedy Club, Relapse Theatre, and Highwire Comedy.
- Jazz Club: Sofia, Benop Jazz Club, Gregory's Jazz Club, Elegance Café, The Cotton Club, La Casa del Jazz, Enoteca Barderini, Etabli, Capranica Enoteca & Taverna, II Pentagrappolo, and L'Emporio alla Pace.
13. Best Clubs and Nightlife in Rome
Rome is very ahead in case of having a good time, party and fun. Nightlife in Rome provides the various selection of best bars, nightclubs, and pubs.
You have never seen such beautiful night-time that you will get to experience in Rome. From Jazz bar and clubs to Karaoke and dance club, when it gets darker, there is something for everyone.
- Bar and Clubs: Ice Club, Shari Vari – Play House, Gregory's Jazz Club, Salotto42, Piper Club, Qube, La Cabala, Caffe Greco, Colosseum Pub Crawl, and La Botticella.
- Pub Tours: The Highlander Pub, Abbey Theatre Irish Pub, Scholars Lounge Irish Pub, The Fiddler's Elbow, The Druid's Den, Albert, Finnegan Irish Pub, The Public House, and The Donegal.
- Jazz Bar: BeBop Jazz Club, Gregory's Jazz Club, Alexanderplatz Jazz Club, Elegance Café – Locale Jazz Roma, Cotton Club, Charity Café, 28Divino Jazz Club, Casa del Jazz, and many more.
- Karaoke Bars: La Saletta, Escopazzo, Scholars Lounge Irish Pub, Vecchio Franklyn Karaoke, Julius Caesar Gurgustium, 3Joile Restaurant Pub, Millennium Center, Tam Tam, New Devil's Kiss, and Old Trafford.
- Dance Clubs and Discos: Disco Planet Rome, Disco Club, Blue Night Strip Bar, Carrousel Night Club, Akab Club, Dancing Zanussi, Alien, Piper Club, Shari Vari – Play House, Babel, and Cabala.
14. Best Transportation Facilities in Rome
You may be wondering how much it costs to travel in Rome. Don’t worry, Rome provides the best public transport system including a bus, train, and metro railways for the ease of passengers.
You can travel Rome by different means of transportations. All of them are easily available within no time. Here are some of the service providers for your guide:
- Taxies and Shuttle: Rome Chauffeur, Easitalytours, Stefano's RomeCabs, Rome Driving Tours, DriverinRome Transportation & Tours, Rome Private Excursions, Your Tour in Italy by Aldo Monti, Rolando's Airport Transfer Day Tours, Civitavecchia Shuttle Express, and lots more.
- Bus: Rome Chauffeur, Easiitalytpurs, RomeDriving Toyrs, DriveriRome Transportation & Tours, Aim Limo Rome Tours, Tiber Limo, Luke Limousine, Civitavecchia Shuttle Express –Transfer & Tour and others.
- Railways Stations: Ponte Lungo, Lepanto, Termini, Cipro, Battistini, Arco di Travertino, Lucio Sestio, Re di Roma, Spagna, Anagnina, Subaugusta, and some others.
15. Best Outdoor Activities in Rome
Are you searching for the best outdoor activities in Rome? Here are the most popular outdoor activities that are very popular. Find your best on the list.
Outdoor activities are a good way to utilize your time when you get bored of traveling around the city. Apart from having fun, you can also see the beauty that has made Rome the most beautiful city in the world.
- Hiking: (Routes) Medieval Marvels, Frankish route, Chariot tracks, (Places) Tivoli; Villa d'Este, Villa Gergoriana, Anzio, and many others.
- Ballon Tours is also a great option to fly across the sky of Rome. You can find several agencies which will help you a lot.
- Road Trips: Amalfi Coast, The Northern Lakes, Sicilian Coast, Umbria Countryside, Sicilian Coast, Tuscan Wine Country, Stelvio Pass, Sicily, Lake Garda, and Foothills of Sabina.
16. Best Zoos & Aquariums in Rome
Zoos & Aquariums provides the visitors with unique experience to engage with animals in nature. Check out the best zoological garden in Italy.
With some few hours to spare before you exit from Rome zoo is the best place to stop. It will be fantastic hours not only for the animal lovers but also for everyone. The Rome Zoo is the home of thousands of unique animals.
17. Best Spas & Wellness Centers in Rome
Spas & Wellness Centers in Rome features some of the traditional Roman thermal bath and Italian spa. Take a break from your day trip and seek for the best spa and wellness center.
When it's about relaxation in Rome they come with different choices. They include hot tubs, saunas, steams rooms, gyms, swimming pools, and many more. Looking for alternatives? You can stopover yoga centers too.
- Spas: Baan Sabai, Alta Care Beauty Spa, Spa at Trilussa Palace Hotel, Nora Thai Massage Center, Delia Beauty Spa, Templum Salutis, KamiSpa, El Spa, acquaMadre hammam, and Vany & Beauty Aesthetic Beauty Solarium.
- Health Clubs and Gym: Blanco Urbanspa, Baan Thai, Malaithai, L'Angolo del Naturopata, Zeki Benessere Spa, Hard Candy Fitness Roma – Colosseo, Centro Estetico Nefer, Ippodromo Delle Capannelle, and Universal Gym Roma.
- Yoga Center: Centro Yoga Shakti, Zem Yoga Studio Roma, Bikram Yoga, Bikram Yoga True Love, Associazione Dhyana, VedaVita Yoga Art Studio, Yoga Suite, Mondolistico e Benessere, and Centro Yoga 108.
18. Best Festivals and Events in Rome
The best festival time in Rome is during September and October. This is the starting period of major fiesta and also the football games.
You will definitely fall in love with Rome and its lavishness. Festival is in Rome are celebrated with great passion. No matter what the occasion all the musical, cultural, or any annual festivals are celebrated with great participation. Here are some you can get to:
- Music Festivals: Giornate FAI, Festa di Santa Francesca Romana, Settimana della Cultura, Gay Village, Roma Incontra il Mondo, Festa de Noantri, Cinema – Festa Internazionale di Roma, Festa di Santa Francesco Romana, Palazzo Massimo alle Colonne, and Maratona della Citta di Roma.
- Annual Events: Roma Sana, Republic Day, Roman Summers, Romaeuropa Festival, Roma Cinema Fest, Festival Romics, Roma Jazz Festival, and White Night.
19. Best Performing Arts & Photography in Rome
Rome is the home of best-performing arts, photography, theatre and drama. Design arts, historic presentation, literature, and composition are the specialty features of Roman arts.
Rome never disappoints any of art lovers. The theaters are filled with amazing performers who will keep you wide awake through-out their performances. Other than that, this city eventually makes you a photo artist with its beautiful photogenic sites.
- Theater and Drama: Teatro Quirino, Teatro Argentina, Globe Theatre Roma, Teatro dell'Opers di Roma, Teatro Ambra Jovinelli, Auditorium Praci della Musica, Teatro Sala Umberto, and several others.
- Photography: Saint Peter's Basilica, Ruins, Colosseum, The Bocca della Verita, Castle Sant'Angelo, Piazza San Pietro, and many others.
- Art Galleries: Museo d'Arte Contemporanea, CineCitta Studios, Santa Maria in Trastevere, Sant'Ignozio, Galleria Lorcan O'Neill, Ostia Antica, Museo Nazionale dell'Alto Medioevo, Santa Maria in Trastevere, and Auditorium Parco della Musica.
20. Best Honeymoon Destinations in Rome
Rome has enlisted several best honeymoon and dating destinations for lovers around the world. Spanish step is one of the most reputed and highlighted spots among them.
Rome got the coziest places and restaurants for the lovers. Whether it is your first international date or honeymoon, Rome is the most romantic city on the planet.
- Romantic Places: Trevi Fountain, Villa Borghese, Campidoglio, Lungotevere, Gianicolo Hill, Ponte Sant'Angelo, Gardens of the Oranges, Teatro dell'Opera di Roma, and many more.
- Where to Propose: Casina Valadier, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Piazza Campidogio, and Gianicolo Hill.
- Romantic Dinner: Ad Hoc, Ambrosia Restaurant, La Pergola, Ristorante Chiaroscuro, Gabriello, Imago at the Hassler, La Fato Ignorante, Babette, Indo del Pettirosso, and many more.