Well, a city does not get listed in the world most visited places for nothing. Forbes has placed Paris among the world top ten countries with high tourist rate. And the credit goes to the attractions listed below:
- There are many places in this beautiful city you can go and enjoy for free which includes Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, Musee d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris, La Madeleine, Place des Vosges, Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris, and many more.
- Paris is famous for points of interest and landmarks like Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, Arc de Triomphe, Basilica du Sacre-Coeur de Montmartre, Ile Saint-Louis, Pont Alexandre III, Luxembourg Palace, Pantheon, and Eglise Saint-Etienne-du-Mont de Paris.
- Neighborhood places of Paris are as wonderful as it is. You can feel the magic every place which are Montmartre, Le Marais, La Villette, Les Halles, Belleville Paris, Montparnasse, Passy, Bercy, Picpus, Bercy, and lots more.
- Some of the antique architectural buildings include Sainte-Chapelle, Arc de Triomphe, Tours de la Cathedrale Notre-Dame, Palais Garnier – Opera National de Paris, Saint Germain dea Pres Quarter, and Basilica du Sacre-Coeur de Montmartre.
- Water Fountains which are must to see in Paris are Medici Fountain, Place du Chatelet, Fountains Wallace, Fontaine des Mers, L'Embacle, Fontaine de I'Observatoire, Fontaine des Quatre Saisons, and many others.
- Bridges are quite famous in Paris which is also on the must-see list. Some of them are Pont- de Arts, Pont-Neuf, Pnt d'lena, Pont de I'Archeveche, Pont de la Tournelle, Pont au Change, Passerelle Debilly, Pont Saint Louis and so on.
2. Sacred Religious Sites
Holding many European cultures, Paris represents several religious sites to explore. Those stunning spiritual sites are not only rich in culture but also magnificently engineered. Here are some of them:
- Listing the most loved churches in Paris include Notre Dame Cathedral, Basilica su Sacre-Coeur de Montmartre, Sainte-Chapelle, La Madeleine, Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, Eglise de la Trinite, Church of St Jean Montmartre and several others.
- Every monument and statues in this place have great importance. You can see Arc de Triomphe, La Defense, Le Mur des Je t'aime, Obelisk of Luxor, Statue of Liberty, Palais de justice de Paris, Liberty Flame, Les Jardinus du Trocadero, Jeanne d'Arc Statue, Dalida Statue, Le Passe-Muraille, Equestrian Statue of Charlemagne, Michel Ney Monument, Pope John Paul II Monument, and Columna Vendome.
- Best known historic walking areas to roam around includes Ile de la Cite, Latin Quarter, Left Bank, Champs-Elysees, Triumphal Way, Viaduc des Arts, Rue Saint Honore, Rue Saint-Denis, Cour du Commerce Saint Andre, and Passage de Princes.
You can find many highly well-organized museums as per their theme in Paris. You will surely gain wide knowledge visiting those museums. Some of the must-see museums of Paris are listed below:
- Specialty Museums that can be visited are Musee d'Orsay, Musee Marmottan, Musee Jacquemart-Andre, Musee Rodin, Musee de l'Orangerie, Musee Nissim de Camondo, Musee du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac, Musee des Arts et Metiers, Musee des Arts Forains, and many more.
- Historic Museums that are high on the list are Maison de Victor Hugo, Memorial de La Shoah, Musee de la Musique, Musee d'Art et d'Historie du Judaisme, Musee des Egouts de Paris, Musee de La Prefecture de Police, Maison de Balzac, Muse des Plans-Reliefs and others.
- Observatories and Planetariums to visit are Paris Observatory, Palais de la Decouverte, and Observatorie de la Sorbonne.
- Best science museums on the list includes Palais de la Decouverte, Musee des Arts et Metiers, La Cite des Sciences et de L'Industrie, Collection de Mineraux, Pasteur Museum, Galerie de Mineralogic Et de Geologie, Musee de I'Homme, and La Cite des Enfants.
5. Food and Drink
You will get many options when you go to dine in any of the places in Paris. Many restaurants offer you the finest cuisines, the only thing you have to make sure is to select the best out of those places. Here are some of the places to eat and drink in Paris:
- To get the pure taste of the French wine there Paris by Mouth Food Tours, Wine Tasting in Paris, Withlocals, Flavors of Paris Walking Tours, Original Food Tours, Wine Passport, Millesiwine Wine Tasting, Paris Wine Day Tours, The Wine Truck Paris, Taste Your France, and more.
- Staying on the top of the list here are Paris' best restaurants Le Maurice, Maceo, Huitrerie Regis, Le Stella, Les Tablettes, Yam'Tcha, Ze Kitchen Galerie, Thoumieux, Spring, and L'Astrance.
- For best dinner cruises in Paris there are Marina de Paris River Cruises, Bistro-Style Seine River Dinner Cruise, Batesux-Mouches Seine River Cruise with Dinner and live music, Seine River Cruise and Paris Illuminations Tour, Paris Dinner Cruise and Moulin Rouge Show.
- Breweries near you in Paris are Le Supercoin, Brasserie de la Goutte d'Or, Paname Brewing Company, BAPBAP, Academy of beer, Le Parisien, and lot more.
6. Hotels and Accommodation
Paris' hotels are among those world's best hotels you can have a lavish night. The luxury hotels have everything you wish for. And if you want to go a good place on a budget, Paris got that for you too.
- Luxury Star Hotels for a stay in Paris are Le Meurice, Castille Paris, Four Seasons Hotel George V, Hotel Napoleon, Park Hyatt Paris, Hotel Ares Eiffel, Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel, Hotel Mayfair Paris, and Hotel Balzac.
- Budget Hotels can be listed as follow Hotel Ekta, Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Hotel Jeanne d'Arc, Hotel Henriette, YOOMA Urban Lodge, Hotel Exquis, Mob Hotel, Hotel Le Relais Montmartre, Hotel du Champ de Mars, and Mama Shelter Paris.
7. Cruises, Sailing and Water Tours
Sailing in water and observing the city is such a wonderful thing to do. The boat tour agencies that you get to Paris not only let you explore places but also provides you best foods.
- Boat Tours agencies that serves at it best are Green River Cruises, Vedettes du Pont Neuf, Paris Canal, Batobus Tour Eiffel, Bateaux Parisiens, Batobus Station- Saint Germain des Pres, Marin d'eau douce, and lots more.
8. Day trip and Excursions
Day trip around the city with friends and families is a wise to-do list during your visit in Paris. You can find uncountable attractions which will surprise you. Here are some of the great places to deal with your trip:
- If you want a good ride around the city you can find several agencies that will help you do that. Some of them are PARISCityVISION, SANDEMANs NEW Paris – Free Walking Tour, Big Bus, Paris City Tours, Discover Walks Paris – Paris Walking Tour, Best of France Tours, Wego Walking Tours Paris, City Segway Tours, and many others.
- A bike tour is also quite fun which can be done through Fat Tire Tours-Paris, Bike About Tours, Blue Fox Trave – Blue Bike Tours, Paris Bike Tour, PARIS ORIGINAL TOURS, Paris a Velo C'est Sympal, Paris Charms et Secrets, and Holland Bikes.
9. Nature and Parks
Paris is also very rich in natural sites. You will find many national parks where unique animals are kept safely. Gardens here are unbelievably beautiful too. If you are with your children in this visit make sure to take them to the following places:
- National Parks to visit are Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, Parc Monceau, Parc Andre Citroen, Parc de Belleville, Parc Montsouris, Champ de Mars, Bois de Boulogne, Vincennes Woods, and La Villette.
- Gardens in Paris are Luxembourg Gardens, Anne-Frank Garden, Jardin des Plantes, Trocadero Gardens, Tuileries Garden, Jardin Catherine-Laboure, Jardin Atlantique, Jardin des Serres d'Auteuil, Tino-Rossi Garden, Champ de Mars, Square du Vert-Galant, and several others.
- Islands within Paris to see the sight are Ile Louviers, Ile Seguin, Ile de la Cite, Ile des Cygnes, Ile Saint Germain, Ile aux Cygens, Ile Saint-Louis, and Ile de la Jatte.
10. Fun and Games
Paris has never-ending sporting activities and world-class gaming center. Manage your spare time and visit the sports arena, stadium, golf course, amusement parks and gaming centers. I guess it will provide an ultimate fun in your tour to Paris. Here they are:
- Some of the most popular sports in Paris are Ice Hockey, Basketball, Football, Handball, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Motorsports, and some more.
- Golf Courses for some more fun you can have a good break Open Golf Club, Golf de Paris, Golf Du Bois De Boulogne, Paris Country Club, Team Jpa Golf, Golf de Saint-Cloud, Paris International Golf Club, Golf Disneyland Paris, Dolce Chantilly, Golf Polo de Paris, Golf Val-Grand, and Stage De Golf Montaz Elbaz Paris.
- You can also go to amusement parks which are Disneyland Paris, Yoo Moov Stations, Aerophile, Acclimatation Garden, L'ile de Robinson, Poussin Vert, France Miniature, Escape Game Paris Prizoners, The Escape Hunt Experience Paris, and some others.
- Sports Arena and Stadiums for real games, there are Stade Jean Bouin, AccorHotels Arena, Le Parc des Princes, Stade Charlety, STADE FRANCAIS PARIS Rugby, Longchamp Racecourse, Stade Yves-du-Manoir, and Baseball Stadium – Pershing.
- You can even explore few gaming centers which includes Le Manoir de Paris, Karios Escape, Flight Experience, VirtualRoom Paris, Destination Danger, 60 Minutes Escape, La Piece, Criminal Quest, iFLY Paris, Les Cogness, AviaSim Paris, and Yoo Moov Stations.
11. Casinos and Gambling
Offering Punto Banco, blackjack, Baccarat, and several other poker games, the casinos in Paris will give you the time which you never had before. They are opened from late hours until the early morning.
- Casinos in Paris are Casino de Paris, Cercle Clichy Montmartre, Casinos de France, Cercle Central, Nouveau Casino, La Tete dans Les Nuages, Le Cercle Wagram, Soiree Casino, La Tete dans Les Nuages, and several others.
12. Concert, Events and Shows
You can never come back home without seeing live music and jazz clubs. These Jazz clubs and live music will enhance your trip experience to Paris. In addition, comedy clubs are also widely recommended to visit. Here is a list of venues in Paris:
- Paris has the world's best live music venues which include Au Café de Paris, Le Pompon, Le Carmen, la Felche d'Or, Le China, Le Bouillon Belge, Le Batofar, L'Alimentation Generale, Le Klub, and Autour de Midi.
- Top ten comedy club to visit in Paris is Le Paname Art café, Theatre des Nouveautes, A New Yorker in Paris, Theatre des Nouveautes, Comedie Bastille, Le Republique, Club des Poetes, Stand Up Comedy Bar, Le Point Virgule, and Theatre des Bouffes du Nord.
- These are the top ten jazz clubs to have amusing time are Jazz Club Etoile, Le Baier Sale, New Morning, Les Disquaires, Studio de l'Ermitage, Duc des Lombards, La Cav du 38 Riv, New Morning, La Dynamo, and La Petite Halle.
13. Night life
Under the multitude colors, the city of Paris brightens more during the nighttime. The whole city looks like a fair where many people are in their own rush. The nightlife of Paris must experience even if you are tired roaming around the whole day.
- Coolest bars that must not be missed are Batofar, Le Baron, Le Sans Souci, Prescription Cocktail Club, Experimental Cocktail Club, Candelaria, Dirty Dick, Chez Georges, Zero Zero, and some more.
- List of Pubs is Galway Irish Pub, The Bombardier, Hide Pub Club in Paris, The Highlander Scottish Pub Paris, O'Sullivans Grand Boulevard, Corcoran's Irish Pub, Connolly's Corner, and The Auld Alliance.
- Karaoke Bars for a fun time you can go to BAM Karaoke Box Richer, MINATO Bar, L'Enchanteur bar karaoke, Karaoke La Noche, BAM Karaoke Box Sentier, and New York Café.
- Dance Clubs and Discos are Le Duplex, Kilimandjaro Night Club, Cartel Club Paris, L'Insolite Club Discotheque, Queen Nightclub, The 3 club Paris, Romeo Club, Le Balajo, Gibus Club and lots more.
Like any other facilities, you can also get the transportation service at your ease. There are buses, railways, ferries, and taxies in Paris which can be used as the means of transportation.
- For taxies and shuttle service there are Paris Airport Shuttle, Easy Go Shuttle, AbiTransport, Paris Eagle Cab, Paris Private Transfer Cab, Prestige Private Transfer, Inter-Service Prestige, BT-Transfer, and many more.
- Railways stations in Paris are Pont de l'Alma Station, Gare du Champ de Mars, Pont-Cardinet Station, Avenue Foch Station, Denfert-Rochereau, Pont du Garigliano Station, Avenue du President Kennedy, Neuilly Porte Maillot, Pereir-Levallois, and Avenue Henri Martin.
- A bus can also be used during your vacation in Paris. They are very comfortable and is easy to get too.
15. Outdoor Activities
Outdoor activity is also the best option when you are in a new place for travel. There are various adventurous things that can be done here in Paris. If you do not have a good idea about it read below:
- Well if you want to see the Paris city from a new angle the zip line from the Eiffel Tower. Zipline off the Eiffel Tower is quite a great fun.
- Balloon Tours can be great in the beautiful sky of Paris. Some of the best Balloon Ride Agencies are PanoraMagique, Ballon GENERALI de Paris, Aerfun Paris Balloon, and Paris International –VIP Services.
- Best road trips from Paris are Chateau de Maintenon, Reims, Chartres, Le Mans, Meaux, Orleans, Provins, Chantilly, Versailles, Giverny, and many more.
Going to the zoo can also be a good option, don’t you think so? Paris has several zoo and aquarium where you can see land and marine animals and have a quality time with families.
- Zoo in Paris are Jardin d'Acclimation, Aquarium du palais de la Porte Doree, Pari Zoological Park, and Menagerie du Jardin des plantes.
17. Spa and Wellness
Paris has got several spas which give you the most relaxing hours. There are fabulous spas, gyms, and yoga centers to freshen you up for whole day activities.
- For lightening up you can visit Spa O'kari Hammam, Ban Sin Thai, Cinq Mondes Paris, Le Spa Dans le Noir?, Nuxe Spa, Spa THEMAE Paris, Massage Concept Paris, Sensation Spa, Villa Thalgo, Les Bulles a Flotter, Spa Mamabali, and many more.
- Health Clubs and Gym includes Midtown Studio, Ken Club, Cap Détente, Gymnase Club, Espace Vit'Halles, Kiwill, Coaching Beauty, and Front de Seine.
- Yoga Centers in Paris : Yoga Village Paris, Affordable Yoga, Yogainparis Yoga Center 18Eme, Ashtanga Yoga Paris, Rasa Yoga Rive Gauche, Yoga Center Iyengar De Paris, Yoga Center Du Marais, Casa Yoga Paris, and others.
18. Culture and Festivals
Paris is famous for several kinds of music and seasonal festivals. Here is the list of liveliest events that are wonderful to watch. If you are certain to visit Paris, be sure that these festivals are happening in the city.
- Some lively music festivals to have best time are Fete de la Musique, Rock en Seine: Show in the Open Air, Paris Jazz Festival at the Parc Floral, Open-Air Cinema at the Parc de la Villette, Paris Quartier d'Ete, Open-Air Theatre at the Bois de Boulogne's Jardin Shakespeare, and Bastille Day Celebrations.
- Some annual events in Paris which are not to be missed are Circus of Tomorrow Fair, Antique Book Fair, St. Patrick's Day, Nuit des Musees, Fete de la Musique, Paris Jazz Festival, A Month of Concerts, Pianissimo Jazz Festival, Paris Autumn Festival, Paris Banlieues Tango, and Christmas Markets.
19. Performing Arts and Photography
There is no denial of the fact that Paris is the city of art. Everything you will see here is presented in an artistic way which is its specialty. And the best part is - you can also be an artist yourself as this place has so many photogenic sites.
- Theaters that can be found in Paris are Theatre du Chatelet, Theatre in Paris, Guignol in Paris, Grand Rex, Theatre Paris, Lucernaire, Theatre des Champs-Elysees, Theatre de la Ville, and Accattone.
- Some best photographic place in Paris Basilique Du Sacre-Coeur, Montmartre, Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, The Paris Metro, Avenue Des Champs – Elysees, Jardin du Luxembourg, Notre Dame Cathedral, Saint Michel,
- If you are willing to visit art galleries there are Galerie Jocelyn Wolff, Modus Art Gallery, Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac Paris Marais, Magda Danysz Gallery, GALLERY France Paris primitive African art premier mask statue primitive, Artclub gallery, Urban Gallery, and Galerie De Medicis.
20. Dating and Honeymoon
Paris, the city of love is the best place on the earth to be if lovers are planning a trip. We are sure you will never regret going to this place whether it be for your special date or honeymoon.
- The most romantic places in Paris includes Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Pont des Arts, Luxembourg Palace and Gardens, Gare de Lyon's Train Bleu, Arc de Triomphe, Montmartre, Wall of 'I Love You's, Palace de Versailles, and Ile Saint Louis.
- For romantic dinner, you can stop-by Buvette, Chez L'Ami Jean, La Bourse et La Vie, Lasserre, Aux Lyonnais, Ralph's, Allard, Musee d'Orsay, Frenchie Bar a Vins, and Epicure.